Jay vs Pedestrian - Jay Wins!

hey jay - this are top news. im really glad to hear this result.

Good news mate

Good news Jay, you must be relieved and probably able to sleep better now although I don’t suppose you will ever forget the incident. I wish you the utmost luck in making a claim.

Glad to hear you got some good news over this nightmare and best of luck now with the compensation claim.

That’s great news … a weight off your shoulders eh!

Good luck with the claim.

Good news Jay, must have been sitting in the back of your mind for ages. Pedestrians should have insurance too, that’s what i say !

Glad you aren’t getting done.

I hope the pedestrian makes a full recovery too, and learns to look both ways before crossing the road.

Respec.

PS About getting the summer here, this is going to be a crackin summer, and i’m gonna do loads of track days, since the winter has dragged on. The more trackdays we can get done, the more we can talk about them next winter

PPS Celebrations all round. All I need now is a ZX14

Great news Jay.

Definition of compensate: make payment to a person in return for loss

Nothing wrong there.

NICE ONE JAY ( THUMBS UP SMILIE )

Nice one Jay - really pleased for you i remember reading that post, must have been an awful experience. Did you have any luck finding out if the lady was ok?

hello mate just to let you know i was involved in a similar accident 18 mts ago pedestrian ran in to the side of me pulling away from trffic lights it took the olb bill 16 mths to go thrught court and cost me £18,000 legal fees and the courts came back with lack of evidence to pursue case so no blame was layed with either person i had four independed wittness to me pulling waway from a green light ect ect i tried to pursue a civil cliam and was told but 3 top claims solicitors that if i was to pursue a civil claim the courts would most definatly find in favour of the pedestrian rather then the motorist/biker even thou there was no criminal blame or case to answer

Bloody hell, nasty stuff, glad you came out of it relatively okay, though the costs must have hurt, blimey! Welcome to LB though!

NinjaGirl, I’ve spoken to the Police and it looks like doubtful at this time that I’ll take it further as the woman is still in hospital, but stable. They couldn’t tell me anything more due to privacy laws. I have my standards though, and I’m sure she and her family will have been through enough as it is without me wanting to get money from them.

I’ll write to the Police though to get her details and see about sending her something, I’m thinking just a simple note to say it’s sad we both had to go through this, that I hope she recovers and learnt a valuable lesson from it all.

Jay im glad the police managed to clear up the issue, although there was no doubt in my mind. Are u fully comp? If so u can prob afford to just make a claim…but id still explore all routes, u did nothing wrong so making a claim would be justified and I doubt anyone will think anything bad of it…well at least me!

Nice one Jay, glad they’ve finally made it official that you’re in no way to blame

Glad to see things are coming right. Wrote off the last bike with a cyclist riding across the road in front of me and still came out as 50/50 despite my witnesses. Just glad to see you and other half are OK and that the pedestrian (stupid as she is) is on the mend.

That’s great news Jay, I’m really please for the both of you. A big weight of your shoulders I bet, and hopefully some cash to put back in the bank.