Jade Goody

This thread is pointless. Jade Goody is a woman dying of cancer. Whatever she has done in the past or whatever people think of her is irrelevant, because she has chosen to stay in the limelight during her dying days to highlight why people should have regular screening for cancer and generally look after themselves more. Some very nasty things have been said in this thread. ‘‘she’ll be gone soon’’. I think i read. That is so disrespectful and downright nasty. She is a woman who has a family. How would you feel if you were one of her boys and this was happening???

Just my two cents…

I doubt the poster meant that as you have taken it…

What does annoy me is that you can just see how the papers turn it round.

The tabloids were full of vitriol when she was drunk, naked, embarrasing herself on big brother and the broadsheets were slagging her off when she was making ignorant, racists comments on celeb bb. Yet you can already see the media are starting to turn her into a ‘princess of our hearts’ type and people start swallowing it.

It DOES wind me up that someone can make a lot of money from a career like this, but it is sad that shes dying / has kids etc. I think the silent majority see the hypocrisy and it is this that they don’t like rather than her just being in the news a lot.

Thank god I didnt make a pontentially explosive comment re: media reinvention of Princess Di.

yeh dont comment on that bed hopping hussy:D

I’m sorry not for one moment do I believe that she has done this for anything other than monetary gain.Jade Goody has been proved to be a self centred, vulgar rascist woman who is now milking every last penny that she can from the media. At no point in the news that I heard that she is donating anything to charity or supporting any cancer charity (I might be wrong on that, but I turn off when she is on TV and skip over the column inches in the papers).If it wasn’t for this cancer she would have disappeared. The fact she is dying shouldn’t change that. She has contributed very little for charity or society other than appearing on a mindless TV program.Please for the love of God don’t start putting on the same platform as someone like Jane Tomlinson who until her last days was actively raising money for charity, and deserves to be remember and raised up far in excess of Jade Goody.

A lot of people won’t like to read this, still fewer will admit to agreeing… but a lot will agree in silence…

Gotta agree with you Kev. Just because she’s dying we should all feel sorry for her? No way - I know I’m sounding like an evil bastard. She use to go to my wifes school and like you’ve said Kev - she was a nasty racist bully at school and it seemed that nothing had changed throughout her life. How many other people die from illnesses and leave their families behind and receive little to no help from anyone. Sorry if I sound bitter, but really - why should we care for someone like that?

I just took her Calender back to WH Smiths…it only went upto April:w00t:

And so, it begins…:slight_smile:

OOOHHH

Well at least its not a racist joke - after all people on LB would then be up in arms!! :rolleyes:

I`m with you on that Kev.

[quote I’m sorry not for one moment do I believe that she has done this for anything other than monetary gain.Jade Goody has been proved to be a self centred, vulgar rascist woman who is now milking every last penny that she can from the media. At no point in the news that I heard that she is donating anything to charity or supporting any cancer charity (I might be wrong on that, but I turn off when she is on TV and skip over the column inches in the papers).If it wasn’t for this cancer she would have disappeared. The fact she is dying shouldn’t change that. She has contributed very little for charity or society other than appearing on a mindless TV program.Please for the love of God don’t start putting on the same platform as someone like Jane Tomlinson who until her last days was actively raising money for charity, and deserves to be remember and raised up far in excess of Jade Goody.
[/quote]
Agreed, i as anyone else wouldnt wish this on my own my worst enemy, and although Jade has highlighted what this desease can do to a person, its now just turned into a circus and is all about HER, and NOT about her illness. If she was actively seeking to raise awareness of cancer and using her celebrity status to raise money for charity then im all for it, but she isnt. Its greedy, its self obsesive, and its down right disrespectfull to all the other people in the world that are suffering the same fate.

Agreed, i as anyone else wouldnt wish this on my own my worst enemy, and although Jade has highlighted what this desease can do to a person, its now just turned into a circus and is all about HER, and NOT about her illness.

If she was actively seeking to raise awareness of cancer and using her celebritystatus to raise money for charity then im all for it, but she isnt. Its greedy, its self obsesive, and its down right disrespectfull to all the other people in the world that are suffering the same fate.
[/quote]

Bang on…

R.I.P Jade Goody

plus 1

poor Jade, i do think she has caused issues with herself and people with her brash behaviour over the years, but saying that i really felt for her when you saw her talking about her cancer over the past few months. Here is a woman who has battled to get where she did and deserved so much better, and just when it seemed her life was taking a more positive turn it was taken away from her.

Regardless of the media coverage she has done well, and for her boys. I was quite upset today to hear that she has died, although we all knew it was coming it was still sad.

R.I.P. Jade.

i was never her biggest fan…but well said westie.

RIP Jade

I’m going to come across heartless now, but for **** sake, what is Gordon Brown doing paying tribute to Jade Goody?

The woman was a racist, who contributed little to society and was an embarrasment for our country. She was a liability, someone who was rude, abnoxious and ignorant and for this she is having tributes paid to her from the most senior politician in this country…he musn’t be very busy at the moment.

Dont talk bad about the dead…RIP jade goody… well everyone has good and bad side to them, let focus on the good side of jade… I am asian and I dont think she was a racist…that big brother is a controlled enviroment…they create all this kind of trouble for ratings…I think she was naive and shilpa much clever playing the sympathy vote…any way looking at jades mum…I think she done a very well for a self…

I heard some of the comments on the radio this morning and it was promptly turned off. People have started comparing her to Princess Diana, and that she was a saint!!! I’m shocked to say the least.

My opinion of her will not change because she has died. I stand by what I posted earlier in this thread. I feel sorry for her children because growing up without a mother. I’m not happy or sad that this has happened, but she is now free from pain and suffering and I wouldn’t wish that on anyone, she has been released from it. However I am annoyed by the way she has been portrayed by the media.

Do you extend that to Hilter? Stalin? Mengele? Göring? And countless others, all you will end up doing is white washing history. I’d rather the people have open and honest discussion of both the good and the bad.