I've just bought another bike

Abba stands are great but can be a bit too fiddly to get on just to clean and lube a chain. For me they are more if you want to do a bit of work on the bike. A paddock takes seconds and with a bit of practice is the easiest thing in the world. To make it easier to start, add the bobbins at the back to use paddocks with the hooks rather than the cups. :slight_smile:

Technically yes, but as I am likely to drop a green-laning bike quite a lot, would rather not bash up my Beemer’s new fairings! Plus don’t want to keep switching tyres. Could be fun to have a cheap, small engine Husqvarna type bike that has already seen some action, so I won’t feel bad if I bin it, will wear knobblies permanently and that I could build up skills and confidence on for when I do some hard core off-road/ crap road touring in the future! :smiley:
Ah - just seen Alex’s (Serrisan’s) comment - yep totally agree!

[quote]
Rusty99 (09/04/2013)

Behave you!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Ah ok, I might try with the bobbins to see if that feels better…

Nice one Ally…see you out soon.

Yep will need to buy paddock stand(s) - can I get away with just a rear one, or will I really need a front one too, just to do basic maintenance- anything more complex I plan to do will be down at the OMC.

Rear one only - that allows you to CLEAN/lube/adjust the chain easily plus it is nice for cleaning the bike etc. Anything more and you’d be doing it at OMC…

+1

Rear one is essential, front one is not.

To be honest I can now do it even with a broken collarbone without the hooks/ bobbins…

Once you get the hang of it, it’s pretty easy.

I have dropped it once, but the R&Gs did their job :smiley:

Re-looking ath that ER6… there is nowhere to grab onto at the rear… that might be tricky till you get the hang of it. I was lucky enough to have a grabrail :slight_smile:

I have this one, and it is really sturdy and easy to use. You will need to buy some bobbins for it.

You could Just use a TDJ lube stick. :slight_smile:

glad you went for the er6, yours is much prettier than mine, but that may have something to do with the fact it is clean :blush:

enjoy!

So you have you’re own lube stick Mark? Not exactly sure what that is - enlighten me?!! :slight_smile:

Don’t get Matt started about lube sticks.

I’ve an Oxford paddock stand. It’s ok but it flexes a bit. Russ’s one looks better.

All you need is a chain stick.

Not that I’m super excited or anything but - 1 more sleep!!!:w00t::smiley:

So you’re going tomorrow then? :slight_smile:

It’s beginning to feel a lot like Christmas!

Don’t forget to go to bed early or Santa won’t come.

Congratulations :smiley:

Niiiice…

good choice, learn to push it, it will love it;)