It's between a GXR-600/750 (black), a Triumph 675 (red or yellow) and a surf board...

Well after my holiday in Sydney at the start of the year I was all set to move out there at some point next year. Never having taken a gap year or done the travelling thing I was all set for 6 months off, learning to surf and riding a bike round the blue moutnains before looking for a job out there. Well plans can change…

… earlier this month my company went into administration and I was made redundant. My financial commitments mean I can’t just head out to Syndey now, and I’m probably going to have to take a new permie role (I work in IT), which means Sydney (and the surf board) will probably have to go on hold.

I am feeling pretty cut up about the situation, but a couple of things (the gxr and the daytona) offer the possibility of making it all better.

All my extra cash was going into the “traveling fund”, now my plans are on hold the cash might as well go on a new bike :-), and I’ve narrowed it down to the two… (I’ve never been a suzuki (or suzuki jihad ;-)) fan, but the GXR is pretty hot, the kwak 6xx sounds too mad, the honda too dull, and the R6 too revyy but the triumph is sooooo cool.)

So which should it be… decisions, decisions… of course all fo this assumes I get one of the jobs I’m interviewing for next week :slight_smile:

Don’t get a 600 when you can afford the 750. It ROCKS!!! even put a Gixxer thou to shame… naming no names… some mumbles about it being a bit damp and spinning up too much

Not tried the 675, would be interesting to ride them back to back.

there is no choice to be made dude…

only seven five zer0

I’m currently on an FZ6 (first propper bike) so decided not to go for a thou just yet, would still be a bit nervous about going for the 750, hence the 600 still being under consideration… I think the move from the fazer to the gxr 600 would still be quite a step up?

Naaaaaaaaaaaa… easy peesie

Anyone know where’s best for test rides?

Be different, try the 675, it’s one awesome bike, in terms of performance, and looks (IMO). Bad luck about your job and Australia though. Hopefully you’re going to get a new job first, before buying a new bike? Would be sensible and all

Yup, I need to sort the job situation out first :frowning:

This is a chance of a lifetime ---- a chance to stand out, be counted , be safely different — ok the 750 is good…

But the Triumph…

In 20 years time the 750 will be just another bike - the Triumph 675 still a saught after classic…

… join the herd - or stand out and get noticed … your choice

Buy what everyone else has, or what everyone else wants…

has to be the gsxr750,best one of the 3

I want a MV Agusta F4 1000 Veltro, Andrew?

Now yer talking…

I want at least 20 bikes please Santa - an SB a an ST , a SM, a Classic , a bigggggg one…etc etc

Mate if its an option of a new bike I would still go with Option 3 = Go with a ticket to Oz - and just get a job when you get down there. Maybe the company going into administration is the break you need to get out of the UK. Dont kick yourself in 10 years time looking back at a dream that was passed up. The bikes will still be there when you are settled with bigger commitments - mortgage and kids - and then you will have a real excuse to escape on a Sunday - plus a nice story to tell them when they get older

Ah, that must have been what the queue was all about… people lining up to buy old trumpets…

Oh you may scoff

Mate if its an option of a new bike I would still go with Option 3

Other commitments mean I can’t leave for the next 6 months or so… otherwise I’d be buying a bike out there .

wtf are you on ? the 750 is over 20 years old already and just geting better…

the 675 is sweet but its still got some problems and is yet to prove it self…

its 1… will it last? 21 years of gsxr 750’s 10000’s sold world wide.

i like the 675 but time will tell if its up to being thrash, crashed and generaly abused the way a sports bike should, duke’s are nice… if you wash them in evan, tuck them up in bed at night and dont do more than 5000 miles on it in its whole life…

go for tryed and tested…

Given your choices I would get a GSXR… Time will tell if the trumpet is up to it…

Of course you could do what I did and buy an old shed of a bike for the winter - I just got a firestorm for well under a grand and still go out and embarass endless twats on the latest litre kit

See? Yesterdays bike

Yea point taken - but having had Trumphs ( Hinkley ones ) on and off for 13 years now ( first one was the original ‘battleship’ Daytona ) I can only say they are reliable, unburstable and weather brilliantly ( I sold my Daytona after 8 years / 38k miles and it was never garaged or covered rode all the year round too ) No mechanical faults and polished up like new.

I ain’t gonna convince a generation of Suzuki riders I know that, ( and I have heard that the 675 likes oil so there may be a concern there ) but each o their own and it is worth considering at least…