ITALY 2009 Tuscany 7 nights

ooo i miht be up for this, shall speak 2 ya at nxt inbred’s meet :smiley:

Because Im a tightwad pikey git and its the cheapest time of year and due to work commitments for some people, plus gives time to save up and gonna take the chunksters advice n get the camelpak thing :slight_smile:

:)have had confirmation of train booking today just waiting for the 2009 price to come through:cool: then re-afirm booking. part of the booking we`ve got a 6 berth couchette sole occupancy, 4 bikes and 6 people.

ps forgot the witch was still signed on:w00t:

Mick’s interested in going, means the booking of another sleeper cabin, wondering if anyone else is doing the train apart from those already booked so they can all share. When you booking the eurotunnel and what time train are you hoping to catch in Folkstone? So many questions, maybe you’ll want to post up what you already know and what is confirmed.

You sure will:w00t: you wont find one Italian biker in leathers at that time of year.

And camping…hello…whats that all about?:slight_smile:

well I will wear my gear, better safe than sorry :)and as for camping, well with tent like this why not ?

Ps I think ya gotta buy your own food :smiley:

Attachments

Tent2.jpg

Tent1.jpg

Tent5.jpg

Tent6.jpg

Tent7.jpg

Excellent Mick`s interested, will he be on his CG:w00t:. As euro land is gonna be 1hr in front of us we looking at (wait for it) 03:27 euro train to get to frog land, it will take a good 3hrs to get to S-Hertogrenbosch in Holland to catch the sunshine train:) We gotta be there for 10am. the next train from folkstone is at 6am, so time is going to be really tight! looked at prices for the chunnel is £60 rtn.

some quick figure if anyone thinking of riding, these are based on a blackbird tank range.

uk-livorno-uk approx 2000 miles round trip

tank range 150 miles before reserve

14 tanks @ £20 per tank = £280

B&B south france 2 nights approx £80/100

tolls through france roundtrip £100+

wear n tear on bike, who knows but figure a new rear tyre before you go or on return.

So thats why Im doing the train journey to arrive relaxed :slight_smile:

Bloody hell glad I am flying, not worth going to bed is it?

Yeah Mick interested so need another group of six.

If you get say the 12pm train and you can’t get into your accomodation til 3pm the next day, how long does the train take and where will you kill time? I have an idea all come and meet me at Pisa airport so when I hire my car I don’t get lost in Italy with the kids, and I can just follow you lot to the campsite. That’s an excellent idea I think.

Hope Steve is bringing his bikini.

Happy belated halloween, it’s amazing what Nige can do with some orange paint and a black marker on me.

thats not you dawn…would be ONE of your cheeks :D:D:D

now would be a good time to leave bedfordshire :D:)

[quote]
dawnie1968 (03/11/2008)

:w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t::w00t:

OHHHHHHH

U R SOOOOOOOOOO DEAD

you wait til saturday fat boy

unblock me on msn so i can abuse you

[quote]
dawnie1968 (03/11/2008)

Bloody hell If you get say the 12pm train and you can’t get into your accomodation til 3pm the next day, how long does the train take and where will you kill time? I have an idea all come and meet me at Pisa airport so when I hire my car I don’t get lost in Italy with the kids, and I can just follow you lot to the campsite. That’s an excellent idea I think.

What like that, I don`t think so

]

I wouldn’t walk around like that, I’ll borrow one of Steve’s thongs at the very least.

The train from Holland goes once a week southbound on a friday, times as belowDeparture StationCheck in & Loading TimesDeparture Time. To Livorno10.0012.3014.13

as what we do with time, a nice lunch, couple of drinks and relax enjoy the trip and company, dinner, couple more drinks, sleep and arrive bright eyed and bushy tailed:D

Yup petrol’s expensive, but why do you want to go via south of France? Nice blat to Dijon then through Switzerland and over the Alps. Why take toll roads when the D roads are the same as UK A roads? Who gives a damn about wear and tear when you are riding around France and Italy in the sunshine :D? I find riding long distance relaxing… Seriously, tho, I’m interested in riding down but no camping… anyone interested in sharing a villa? There are some good deals in that area… just a thought fun in the sun :stuck_out_tongue: Qx

Probably stating the bleedin’ obvious but to do that you need to be looking at more than a week away :slight_smile:

Sounds like a great trip. (No good for me coz I can’t make the dates). Those tents are really good. You can stand up in them, and they have proper beds and everything. I once had a job putting them up at the start of the holiday season.

I can see the logic of getting the train, but in case anyone does want to ride down there, we’ve stopped at a few of the likely stop-off towns in France and Switzerland on the scooters over the last few years, so if anyone has any Q’s, I’m happy to pass on anything I know that’s useful. If it was me, I’d make a fortnight of it and ride down (but then again my boss is very good at letting me take the odd day of unpaid leave here and there if I want extra holidays). Oh, and if you go through Switzerland, don’t forget you have to pay to use their m’ways as well (SFr 40, Euro 30, iirc)

100% will be coming need to find 5 other like minded people or if any spare places with others would like to know soon thanks

Right if people want to RIDE all the way feel free, you can meet us down there if you like but please start another thread for that.As BB says the tents are humungous cooker,fridge etc and good price.

If anyone has places to recommemd for a vist let us know.

Got you there BUGSY mate + 2 more from Beds, so 2 more required for that tent to share with those 3.

Bugsy can be the leader of that group so PM me, paul or him if you deffo want to go, all that has to be paid to secure the holiday tent is a £50 deposit so between 5 people that wont break bank will it ?

if more than 2 want to go someone put themselves up as main contact point for the tent/group then we work out the details ok all got that ? wonderful bring on the sunshine and chianti :Dbelow is the price of the chalets same time and place, go figure which is better value :)22/08/097<A onkeypress=“popurl(‘http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=accommodation.AccomDetail&AccommodationCode=351&ver=1’);return false;” onclick=“popurl(‘http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=accommodation.AccomDetail&AccommodationCode=351&ver=1’);return false;” href=“http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=accommodation.AccomDetail&AccommodationCode=351&ver=1” target=blank>3 bed Deluxe + AC + Deck £-50.00£951.00<A class=orangebtn onkeypress=“basketbtns(this,‘65’,‘IN022’,‘2009-08-22’,‘7’,‘351’,‘3 bed Deluxe + AC + Deck’,‘351’,‘redisplay’,0); return false;” id=book onclick=“basketbtns(this,‘65’,‘IN022’,‘2009-08-22’,‘7’,‘351’,‘3 bed Deluxe + AC + Deck’,‘351’,‘redisplay’,0); return false;” href=“http://2009.eurocamp.co.uk/bookonline/searchResults.cfm?CFID=5882085&CFTOKEN=84809669#”>Book

TENT price

DateNightsAccommodationSavingWeb price22/08/097<A onkeypress=“popurl(‘http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=accommodation.AccomDetail&AccommodationCode=326&ver=1’);return false;” onclick=“popurl(‘http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=accommodation.AccomDetail&AccommodationCode=326&ver=1’);return false;” href=“http://www.eurocamp.co.uk/index.cfm?fuseaction=accommodation.AccomDetail&AccommodationCode=326&ver=1” target=blank>Tent (sleeps 6) £-30.00£496.00