It is believed the bikers reach high speeds in an attempt to...

…“beat” speed cameras along the 3.5 mile stretch of road (A12 Eastern Avenue, Chadwell Heath, Orange County)

What’s all that about, believed by who?

Lies, damned lies and statistics by The Ilford Recorder here

It would be pretty obvious as presumably ‘beating’ the speed camera means triggering it but going to fast to get a good picture or being out of range by the time the picture is taken (unless they mean outrunning radar waves, which would be pretty impressive).

If that were the case then there would be a verifiable number of people who had ‘beaten’ the camera and a much larger number of bikers being caught doing ridiculous speeds - the only reference to ridiculous speed was a car driver, and a second reference to a car hitting a pedestrian.

...“beat” speed cameras along the 3.5 mile stretch of road (A12 Eastern Avenue, Chadwell Heath, Orange County)

What’s all that about, believed by who?

Lies, damned lies and statistics by The Ilford Recorder here

National Treasure

is that why TFL have removed a lot of the speed cameras along that stretch & the driver caught doing 137 was in a car and that goes for most of the caught tonup club along that stretch

that is part of my route in & home & i have never witnessed wheeling bikes yes you do get the odd few wanting to get away from the lights first & from Redbridge to fairlop waters most of the time there to much traffic for anything but filtering

Fairlop waters to whalebone lane north is mostly empty

& using the tragic accident this morning is lower than low it was a pedestrian & a car not even on the A12 it was in a side road

Reading that makes me think it’s tw@ts on bikes and or scooters pulling wheelies to set it off on a Friday or Saturday night as they have nothing better to do. As it’s late at night, with a bit of luck, they’ll only smash their own bikes up.

Still an absolute pain in the a$$ for the locals trying to have a peaceful night in.

Its either side of the Moby Dick Junction that’s a race-way, especially at the start of biking season (March). I’ve lost count on the amount of times the light turning green at the lights is a signal for all 600cc+ bikes to act as if they’re on a MotoGP start line. Eastbound afterwork is probably the worst as its a clear ‘dual carriageway’ run for about 1.5 miles.

Of course I’ve always maintained the speed limit there !!!  

That’s my favorite stretch of route to work, most evenings I can be seen pulling wheelies and going through that camera at over 150mph!

But in all seriousness, that is a very fast section, and ive seen numerous bikes pulling wheelies and hitting treble figures along there, ive also seen numerous flowers placed along there for bikers when it goes horribly wrong

^^^ Ha! (that was a ha to Marmablade’s first comment).

But in all seriousness, that is a very fast section, and ive seen numerous bikes pulling wheelies and hitting treble figures along there, ive also seen numerous flowers placed along there for bikers when it goes horribly wrong Marmablade

I cant ubderstand that statement

if there was a death along that stretch it would show up on the accidents map

9 deaths in the last 11 years between Redbridge Roundabout & Gallows corner both directions

& they would have put up a speed camera

the most dangerous place according to TFL is Redbridge roundabout & just before it

^^^ Ha! (that was a ha to Marmablade's first comment). TimmyFox
I wish i could do 150mph on a 14 year old 500cc single cylinder Enduro bike!!! lol
But in all seriousness, that is a very fast section, and ive seen numerous bikes pulling wheelies and hitting treble figures along there, ive also seen numerous flowers placed along there for bikers when it goes horribly wrong Marmablade

I cant ubderstand that statement

if there was a death along that stretch it would show up on the accidents map

9 deaths in the last 11 years between Redbridge Roundabout & Gallows corner both directions

& they would have put up a speed camera

the most dangerous place according to TFL is Redbridge roundabout & just before it

Wise
There were 2 or 3 deaths along there in the last couple of years, a big one at Rise Park section where 2 bikes were racing and one went into the back of a car that pulled out of that turning just after petits lane

Bbetween 2000 & 2015

Deaths of motorcyclists between Redbridge Roundabout & Gallows corner

2000 x1,2003 x2 , 2004 x1,2005 x2 ,2007 x1, 2008 x1, 2012 x1 , 2013 x1 & the x2 was in different areas & totally different times of the year

& one in the area stated by the news paper so the flowers you see may not have been for motorcyclists

I have been using that route into London on & off since 1983 & have only been caught up once by motorcycle death

but seen loads of accidents & hardly any in the area stated by the news paper

there are loads of maps online to get the information I used a few one of then being

http://www.crashmap.co.uk/Search

I mean the full stretch from Gallows to Gants Hill, It’s a very nice stretch of road, and you can get some good speeds :slight_smile:

There was a Soldier Killed on a Bike whilst on home leave getting wiped out by a car at the Collier Row turning about 5 years ago, then a couple of years ago was the one i spoke about above (My Mrs knows the girlfriend of the bloke that was killed) I agree, the section the papers talk about is very rarely an accident scene, i’ve seen cars on their roofs essex bound there but nothing london bound like they are showing in the report

There was a Top Gear or 5th Gear episode where they tested how fast you have to go to beat the speed cameras and it was something around 350kph so I call custard on this.

Edit: here’s the video: 

I mean the full stretch from Gallows to Gants Hill, It's a very nice stretch of road, and you can get some good speeds :)

There was a Soldier Killed on a Bike whilst on home leave getting wiped out by a car at the Collier Row turning about 5 years ago, then a couple of years ago was the one i spoke about above (My Mrs knows the girlfriend of the bloke that was killed) I agree, the section the papers talk about is very rarely an accident scene, i’ve seen cars on their roofs essex bound there but nothing london bound like they are showing in the report

Marmablade
would you believe in my area (Maldon Inc Burham ) there have been more accidents & deaths then the mentioned stretch of the A12

That’s cos round there all those Inbreds forget how to breath

Is there an easy way to slam a reverse gear onto a motorcycle? If so, you could spin the bike 180dges just before the camera and get caught front on going backwards … that would be novel !! LOL

That's cos round there all those Inbreds forget how to breath Marmablade
lol
Is there an easy way to slam a reverse gear onto a motorcycle? If so, you could spin the bike 180dges just before the camera and get caught front on going backwards ...... that would be novel !! LOL IanWilliamson

it would surprise me if you had a reverse gear as you only use the first two forward gears on your bike

And I still whoop your arse in first !!