Is this an LB record?..

Sorry to hear it. There’s been a couple of times this winter when the traction control has saved me on the beemer.

Doh! Sorry to hear that.

I put my XB into a grass verge the day after I bought it.
I’ve felt guilty ever since and frequently apologise to the bike, but it forgives me :stuck_out_tongue:

Hope you are not too bruised and that the damage to the bike isn’t expensive. :pinch:

we’ll you had a go and didnt even get an LB record out of it :stuck_out_tongue: ahh well c’est la vie. now its damaged anyway, DIY repair, enjoy it and if you mess it up properly later get it fixed properly then :smiley:

I’m just waiting for a quote to get mine back to how it was … :Whistling:

wouldn’t save that, he lowsided…:rolleyes:

you’re not the first to get caught out leaving the ace when its cold. the tarmac gets properly beaten smooth round there.

how far did you have to ride like that? i’d prob have stuck it up into 2nd given its a litre.

That’s a bummer, Honda panels are soooo expensive too :w00t:

When my R6 was stolen in 2001 I couldnt afford to insure anything other than a scooter so bought a Gilera SP180, Picked it up from the dealership in Croydon at 10am, rode to work, left the office at 5.30 and went round the first corner like I used to on the R6.

:crying:

It didnt go round corners like my R6.

oups! hope your not feeling to sore today mate… like others said now you can enjoy the bike without the bublewrap! :wink:

Thanks for your stories support LB! shame i didnt get the record, but there are some hilarious stories out there Ahem Bluelagos Ahem:smiley:

So got up this morning and checked it over - fairings are fine! There is a tiny scratch on the left side, but i think it should polish out fine.

I took it down to Honda Farnham (another 20 miles on one leg!) but managed to change up and down through the box but its not easy!

So quote is either £1500 including fairing replacement, rear pegs, side stand and other bits which TBH have only very minor scuffs on, or £700 to fix the l/h bar, bar ends, grip, mirror and blinker assembly, crankcase!, Gillies VCR rearset and gear lever plus some other rubbers, washers and stuff.

Im going with the later, as the bike is going to be used, its not a showroom whore! As you say, i think it will let me relax and just enjoy the bike :slight_smile:

My worst fear was the crankcase which is buggered… but only £90 to fix at Honda!! Makes you wonder why HRC crankase protection is £250! Bonkers.

As for physical injury - not even a bruise visible this morning… so the wife never has to know!!!

ssshshhhhhhh

while were at it - oldie but goody :smiley:

This is why I’d never have a new bike…I’d probably drop it because I was so tense from the worry of dropping it…LOL! :smiley:

Hope you are OK and get the bike sorted. Get down to FWR and get some tyres you’re happier with.

Im going to get some pwer pures on there - I have them on my gixxer and they are awesome, wet, dry, cold hot! Just dont last longer than a tank of fuel :wink:

^^^^that Gixxer vid always makes me feel better :stuck_out_tongue:

EDIT Unless a well liked LB member who has a set of 2CT’s in his garage will feel sorry for an old fool…?! *Achem… Rixxy… thats you! (i had to say that as “well liked” might have thrown you… :P)

I’ve got Metzeler Z6 tyres on my ZX6 and they’re great! :smiley:
They’re a sports/touring tyre so you get a good grip on all surfaces with the added bonus of at least 6000 miles out of them.:smiley:

Sorry to hear, that’s harsh!

But certainly not a record. I just heard of somebody crashing his brand spanking new Ducati Streetfighter after just 350 yards :sick:

+1 :smiley:

Ooooh that poor lovely bike:w00t: Glad you are OK:)

I bought a Honda FT500 back in the day when I was despatching, first day a volvo ( what else ) turned right at a Junction I was going through, I hit the front wing, tore some of it oopen with my steel toe caps and did a supperman over the bonnet and down the road.

The bike looked like some one had taken an axe to the clocks and the front end was mashed, written off after 3 hours of ownership.

-1!

I would seriously cry if I dropped it cheaply.
At least you weren’t hurt, and once the heartache is over - you’ll rebuild her with a clear head.

The Ace should have a ‘warning, dangerzone’ marking around it - stretching just past that junction on the A406!

Hope it’s not too bad. :slight_smile:

if it makes you feel any better, I put my 2 hour old bike down a wall and screwed the fairings

hahaha nice, it did through me off the sent to be fair!! yes there here whenever you want them!