Is this a full bumper respray?

There’s no dents. It feels like the black is laid on top of the paint work. But it doesn’t come off with a finger nail scratch.

Does it look like a t-cut n polish job. Or a full bumper respray?

Cars a couple of years old.

Sorry to bring a car to the forum…

Thanks!

B.

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

get some WD40 and a rag to it first. then see

As above or try a plastic friendly cutting /cleaner agent …

Or if no dents would wrapping be cheaper than spraying?

You won’t know until you have a go with T cut or Scratchx. It’s surprising how much comes off. After that then when you can see what’s left decide how much it bothers you. The longer you leave it, the the less you’ll care. Most cars in London have parking damage

It Defoe looks more like colour off the other car/post/whatever.

WD40 and proper elbow grease is the way to go and if it doesn’t come out the [email protected] it. It isn’t that bad!

So come on, what did you hit?

I work in insurance … looks like a right off and your premiums will now quadroople !!!

that looks like a merc to me

& its an other shell covering the true impact part of the bumper and easy to get hold of the same colour replacement and probably cheaper then a repair /respray  

Yup a class. Found it in this state one morning :confused:

I’ll have a go with a non abrasive like wd40.

It needs to be repaired as next year she goes back!

Not a bad motor, but the software is annoying on the fly by wire from stationary. Could be smoother for a merc and since when did autos roll back!?

Yup a class. Found it in this state one morning :/

I’ll have a go with a non abrasive like wd40.

It needs to be repaired as next year she goes back!

Not a bad motor, but the software is annoying on the fly by wire from stationary. Could be smoother for a merc and since when did autos roll back!?

banman

there not a true “Auto”

there a CVT gearbox

You won't know until you have a go with T cut or Scratchx. It's surprising how much comes off. After that then when you can see what's left decide how much it bothers you. The longer you leave it, the the less you'll care. Most cars in London have parking damage Joby
i can vouch for this... my car looks like scrap.  People tend to enjoy driving into me... or maybe its me? .... hmm...

So what did it look like after you had a go?

might want to put a power polisher on that, sure it will come off. I might of tried tar remover if its stubborn.

t cut will defo have that out (or the majority)

I wouldn’t use t cut

get a proper cutting compound & use water as well

Some of the lighter stuff has definitely shifted with wd40 and a j cloth! Some finger nail scraping has also broken through bit of the bigger stuff. So bit more elbow grease and might get through the worst of it. Then will call out the scratch magicians! Thanks all.

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

The important bit is to remove any forensic evidence, the aesthetics can be dealt with later…

Not bad using wd40 and some light elbow grease with non scratch green scouring sponge.

Thank you so much for the tips :slight_smile:

Attachments

photo_upload.jpg

That’s amazing! Thanks for the tip for next time!