Is this a fair price? - R1 '06 Black (dealer) £6,495

Hey

I found this and wondered it if this is a reasonable price, or should I hold off and wait?

“Lovely 1-owner from new R1. Less than 3000 miles, complete with crash mushrooms and balance of Yamaha warranty. Stunning bike-immaculate throughout.”

Thanks
Ian

Well - black one’s don’t hang about - its ok, but should be better price for this time of year (more like 6k or under) plus you have to consider the fact that we are doing pre-reg 07 (on 57 plates) blue R1’s for £7499 on 0% over 30mths!!But if you go for the black one - your gonna have to be quick!

The problem is the depreciation of a new bike. $7,499 + Tax + Insurance + … - I would have lost about £1,000+ in the first year. For this reason I am looking at a 06 or 56 plate.

A 2007 model 07 reg R1 for £6949

and

A 2004 model 04 reg R1 for £4999

Neither black but both bargains IMO and only 45 miles away from central London.

Buy one, ride one and stop making multiple posts around the forum asking which R1 to get…Capiche :wink:

Er, you’ll need this

http://www.missionmotorcycles.co.uk/bikes_new.shtml

Bit harsh afro, it’s a tough decision about which bike to get, took me a couple of months to make my decision and find one. If Zine’s got lots of qusetions, he should ask away!

Ian, I’ve recently been through the same, I think you’ve seen my R1 on the dunstable ride at the end of last year. I bought an 04 in the end for depreciation reasons (as there wasn’t enough of a difference between the 04/05 to 06 for me to want one and there was no way I was buying an 07, just not enough money in the bank!).

if you get interest free finance its better than buying an older bike on HP go for the pre-reg…forget about depreciation…you will pay nealry another grand with interest if you take it over say 3 or 4 years…

hey sean where you work then…like interest free…

:slight_smile:

[quote]
bikerboy (24/01/2008)

Bit harsh afro, it’s a tough decision about which bike to get, took me a couple of months to make my decision and find one. If Zine’s got lots of qusetions, he should ask away!

[quote]

Thank you bikerboy :slight_smile: - I am not ‘spamming’ the site, just need to ask a few legitimate questions to ensure I get the right bike for the right price. This is after all the first time I have bought a bike in this country. :w00t:

Oh bitchy! :smiley:

This is true, but thankfully I have the cash to buy a bike outright, so no nasty interest fees :wink:

[quote]
zine (24/01/2008)

[quote]
bikerboy (24/01/2008)

Its a big decision mate, being able to ask questions and getting answers from the more experienced is what makes this forum such a great place. Good luck with your buy mate ;):smiley:

Er… I think he’s just keen to get another happy R1 rider on the forum. Was hardly the put down of the year. Surely we don’t need to be that sensitive?

What would we do without your wise input eh Stu? :Whistling:

I work at george whites in shoreditch - Zine on 0% there are no finance fee’s, so you might aswell leave the money in your account and earn interest on it - you pay no extra!!!

TSLO - there is 0% deals on a lot of Suzuki/kwacka’s/yammy’s and honda have one or two aswell!! number for me is in my sig!!

wow sean i just realised u work about 10 min walk from my work…will have to pop in one day soon as im gonna replace the gsxr some time soon.

Not being over sensitive. If you didn’t know afro you might find a want it, buy it, stop asking about it answer a little direct (Yes it’s becuase he loves his R1 far tooo much). And since I know Zine as well, I though he’d want a little more advise than that.Still no harm done.Oh and Zine, GO AND BUY ONE, YOU KNOW YOU WANT TO! :smiley: :stuck_out_tongue:

In that case - Go for the 0% deal and invest yout money in a savings account. 8% on 6k for a year gives you £480. Add to that the fact that you won’t need to get an MOT for 3 years , you’ll get a proper warranty and be safe in the knowledge it hasn’t been hooned. The only down side is the color…

We get that a lot - this shop has been here for nearlly 4yrs now - and we still get city workers coming in never knowing we were here!!!