is jail the right place for speeding motorists

I have tried to filter what I think the government is trying to do.

The yes answers move up a stage but it is multiple choice so tick as many boxes as you want.

Sorry its a long one but i really am interested in peoples views…

I think they should be more track days and they should be much cheaper!!

No jail.

EM

you need to put one that covers yes for consistant offenders.

Even if they raise the speed limits to the same as Europe that would be good.

We are meant to be European after all!

only if somebody dies, to be honest, its just a item that has been involved in the manslaugter of a human, allrigt it has been used recklessly, prison is not good for speeding offenders, just a very high fine should do the trick and some education, prison is not the soloution, it should be reserved for peodos and delibrate crimes against people

Bit of a pointless poll really.

Every case must be judged on its own merits - surely!!:discuss:

I’m in two minds about the jail option…I voted yes if they kill someone, but only if they do it on purpose, in other words, they opted to drive when drunk or on drugs…or were trying to evade Police for another crime and are technically just low life crims.

I think each case should be treated individually and I don’t think they should brand all drivers who fit into a particular catagory as the same.

As for national speed limits…I think in towns and built up areas they’re fine, but on Motorways they should be upped and the biggest offence should be lane hogging.

NO…

what good does jail do ?

it just means that someone who is not doing REAL crime gets locked up with some people that do…

if they werent a crim before they went in then they may well be when they come out…

plus they have a prison sentence on there record for 10 years…
they may not be a bad person and be fully trustworthy but employers just see jail sentence…

and jails are to full anyway…

most people on here have done well over 100 miles an hour on public roads

+1

you wouldnt think so reading some of the sanctimonious waffle spouted on some posts…

:laugh:

theres always one…pointless answering it then…

loli concur

what that there is always one…or that its pointless answering it and therefore your point of view and thoughts dont matter…

+1

NO…

Bit like a high side, the punishment doesnt fit the crime!

just re read this + another 1 :smiley:

abvously if you kill someone driving dangerously you should go to jail…

speed doesnt kill crappy driving/riding kills… i dont mean machine control i mean roas sense…

what ever i dont think the should have jail the guy from you tube…