IOM TT 2009

Looking for an annual bike trip with a few mates, a few ideas have been thrown into the pot,

IOM TT or

a EUROPEAN MOTO GP round

or

nw200

or

anything else

any ideas folks, important factors are

cost, accom, partying in the evening, the sombre after event ride home,

fun with mates,

IOM TT would be a laugh, no language issues, and it’s something every biker should do once in their life

I was looking to do a european gp meet next year, but I’m now bikeless so won’t be riding anyhere…I might be tempted to fly/drive somewhere warm & sunny to watch some racing…beets Donnington in the pissing rain anyway:)

You should add The Bol D’Or to your list for 72 hours of solid bike madness:D

ah the bol dor forgot about that one, may just browse the web site now

Ah the Bol D’or…that would be a good weekend… I wonder if Wendy would miss me?:slight_smile:

I go to Le Mans each year in April for the 24 Heures friday to monday with hotel accomodation i think cost us £500 which included everything from Tunnel, fuel, drink, food, ticket.

Awesome experience.

Is that cars or bikes mate?

[quote]
Johnse1 (23/11/2008)

IOM TT would be a laugh, no language issues, and it’s something every biker should do once in their life

[quote]
having been a few times over the years first in 1978 then again last year , i won’t be going again it’s really lost it’s appeal thay have changed the circuit so much and there so many people who ONLY go there to spend the whole time getting pissed …they ruin it for everyone else , it was magical when i first went …but i wouldn’t recomend it now …a lot of people i used to go with now only go to the MANX in sept and say it’s more like it used to be …

In April I think that would be the bikes, when I went to the car 24 hour it was in June :slight_smile:

Thanks Mark, I couldn’t be ar$ed to google it;):smiley:

[quote]
keith-17 (24/11/2008)

[quote]
Johnse1 (23/11/2008)

Well Grim and I still go and have a fab time - we avoid the areas like Douglas, no need to mix with the p*ssheads unless you wish to. Still brilliant road racing. I would recommend it 100percent! Roll on next year! :cool:

[quote]
keith-17 (24/11/2008)

[quote]
Johnse1 (23/11/2008)

Try going over for the Grand Prix or better still the Southern Hundred which is my favorite.

Much smaller than TT a lot less idiots and the roads are fairly clear so you can go for a decent ride yourself.

all seem to have pros and cons, think i am favouring the moto gp abroad, pretty much good chance of better weather to be honest. ?

But can you ride the track day and night at the GP? :Whistling:

TT all the way :cool:

arrrrrrrrrrrrrh bummer true,
back to square one to be honest :hehe:

Yeah as mark said its for the bikes fella. Will be booking up the rooms soon as they seem to be going quite quick this time around. Totally awesome experience, especially the antics at the camp sites, you will just keep asking the question “why?”

Brilliant!:DI went to The Bol twice when it was at Paul Ricard and have to say, nobody does camp sites like the French endurance race fans:w00t:I fancy doing Catalunya MotoGP next June combined with a couple of days in Barcelona:cool:

Got to agree with Grim here… I went over for the TT last year, my first time, I’d only been riding for about 4 months at the time… swapped numbers with grim and debz off here before I went, as well as a few lads off visordown (I was going solo) and it was a cracking week… going solo wasnt an issue, everywhere I went I met peeps and the lads I was kicking about with were all sound. I was over there for the whole of race week and it was just mental, the weather was great, getting up at 5am to do a few laps of the mountain was just majestic and I’ll definately be going back next year.I paid the going rate for the ferry £190ish, I booked a home stay with a sound family for £25 a night (got their details off the IOM TT website) had my own room, bed and there was plenty of space, had a cooked breakie every day for that, was a bargain I thought. Although after reading the bal d’or article in Bike this month, that might be an option next year just for the weekend!!I’m really keen to get over to europe, the summer trip to normandy was brilliant (again, went solo, but met up with ginge, cbrxx steve and crew over there) and italy next year sounds awesome!! I’m just not sure I could cope with the heat!!

this looks like it has the making of an LB summer trip ;):wink: