Internet Browser Poll

too right, IE7 keeps falling over and hogging resources, it even manages to leave rogue processes in the background, pile of excrement!

have now started to use Flock as mentioned by Gazza above, its very good (firefox based)

Ahhh, NCSA Mosaic on Solaris 2.3. That was my university days. Now Firefox.

Firefox and Safari

IE 7 and Opera, can somebody explain me Firefox advantages please?

doesnt crash as much as IE7, is more secure and has many more mods available
oh and it isnt microsoft :wink:

heheh, just found out my missus has it on her laptop
thought I’m a techie at home :smiley:

I’m using HD Ready TV as a monitor and IE fonts seem to be a bit more readable - is there any setting for that?

also use Firefox on Linux Ubuntu :slight_smile:

firefox ftw

I had been using IE6 for a long time as my ancient PC would not cope with IE7. Just got a new laptop and have switched to Firefox as IE was crashing too frequently, but I find Firefox is still a bit cluncky. Can’t say I am hugely impressed, but I soppose it is more secure. It tends to hang sometimes instead of crashing. I’ve also updated to IE7 but not really used it.

firefox, its add-on features alone are on a whole different level compared to IE

Agreed… Vote FIREFOX.

:wink:

firefox on mac G4

Used to use FF in preference to IE6, but when IE7 arrived I changed back.

TBH, the FF add-ons aren’t relevant for most users who just want get on the net and browse.

A lot of FF users only use it because it’s not Microsoft (I don’t work for 'em, honest !) because they have some mad aversion to all things MS, when in fact without MS at least 50% of us wouldn’t have a PC at home.

I love UNIX and LINUX - I spend all day fixing and patching software on UNIX boxes, but MS made computers accessible for non-tech types .

Anyway… been playing with the beta of IE8… and it needs a lot of work :rolleyes: - as usual with MS they’ll release it full of bugs and let the customer do the testing.

Firefox, the add-ons make a difference for what i use them for…

but sadly i do use the IE rendering add-on for firefox as the QPR website doesn’t work properly with ff :angry:

Also the built in spell checker rules. even if it does not recognise “Firefox” as being spelt correctly.