Intergrated Sequential Tail Lights

Anyone know a UK stockists i can get one of these?

It has to be the more expensive sequential type with the triple flash Braking light, not the cheap ones we get over here. The US stockist wants to charge £35 postage on a £50 item then you get the £8 import duty so the postage isn’t far off being the same as the cost of the Item!!

http://www.motodynamic.com/2008-2015-honda-cbr-1000rr-sequential-led-tail-lights-smoke.html

Check, but I don’t think they’ll pass the MOT. Had a similar conversation recently regarding my custom build. When I mentioned them, the guy at the shop said they weren’t allowed, he may be wrong.

So long as they are E-marked, the correct colour and flash at the correct rate then you’re all good. The problem you’ll possibly have is the E-mark, they look like an American market focused light set.

They won’t pass the MOT as the indicators are not spaced far enough apart, but i’ll just remove and replace them on MOT day, that is what i done on my GSXR last week and it is a 10-15 minute job at the most.

think I got this from the VOSA site:
"Vehicles first used before 1 September 1965 may have direction indicators incorporated with stop lamps, or combined with side or rear lamps, in which case front indicators may be white and rear indicators red. "
"Vehicles first used on or after 1 April 1986 must be fitted with one side repeater indicator on each side. Instead of a separate lamp, the side repeater might be part of the front direction indicator if it includes a wraparound lens. "

I think there’s also a rule about using the indicator not being allowed to diminish the tail or brake light.

Also, and more practically, when you intentionally ambiguate your signals like that you lose most rights to complain when some motorist behind you can’t work out what you’re doing and gets in your way.

An easy PG9 for a police vehicle examiner. Loss of MOT £60 fine

I hate the bloody things was behind a bike with them when indicating its hard for me to work out if they are braking as well

I don’t like them either. Some of the integrated units on R1s with the diamond tail light just look like an indistinguishable blur of yellow and red. You can’t get a good sense of the indicator direction from any distance. I hear stock is the new modified anyway.

Thats why i want the sequential one as it stops that undestinguishable appearence you get fromthe Cheapo ones

It’s different, perhaps, but I think it’s quite objectively less clear than separate lights. It’s certainly not what’s expected.

It`s pants, and we left ours in various European bins.

Nope, not the nicest. Induces the necessary nescafe commercial impersonations.