Intercom recommendations?

It has to connect cross brand.
It has to be waterproof.
I thought about getting the sena 20s but I’ve heard some interesting stories about being caught out in heavy rain.

Any suggestions?

Bought the Sena 20s for my latest French trip, it poured for a good few hours one day and it was absolutely fine. Even accidentally left the charging port open and still fine.  Bloody good unit i must say!  Sound is amazing, the app lets you customize settings quite well.  Well worth the money.

I’d highly recommend this Cardo Scala either Q1 or Q3, depending on your budget.

Tried just about every other brand, but returned to the Cardo.

I’ve the Q1 and Q3, one for me and the wife. Faultless!

I'd highly recommend this Cardo Scala either Q1 or Q3, depending on your budget.
Tried just about every other brand, but returned to the Cardo.
I've the Q1 and Q3, one for me and the wife. Faultless! zine

Scala, from what I can see on their website, can only talk to their own intercoms. Sena has support for 3rd party intercoms through the so called “universal intercom” protocol.

On the other hand, Scala is waterproof while Sena is only “water resistant for use in inclement weather”, so not really…

I’ve had an Amazon cheapo and I had a interphone f4x
I think the cheapo was a lot easier to use and I much preferred it
I gave it to another guy on here so can’t vouch for its robustness but it was good enough for me
The interphone is a good bit of kit and is totally waterproof
My problem is I have no feeling on my left hand and find the buttons had for me to use

Cardo Scala works for me

Sena for sure great systems they sell

We can do you something on one if want one as sell them :blush:

I’m with Zain, works great for the last 8 years or so

Still going strong, thanks :slight_smile:

My nephew has the Sena 20 and rates it highly. The Sena 30 is supposed to be released soon and should be an upgrade.

I’m tempted by the Sena 10u(?) - the one which will fit inside my Schuberth without needing a blob stuck on the side of the helmet. The only downside being the remote bit goes on the handgrip and presumably you need to remember to remove it when you park up or someone will probably remove it for you.

I can’t decide which is worse: a lump on the side of the helmet, or a clamp on the handgrip I’m bound to lose.

I’ve found that Midland’s don’t talk to other brands at all. 

Handily, our own AndyCR15 just did a review of his Sena:

Do Sena do a system to hook into an autocom or stardom unit?

We just sold a Sena 20 as dealer for them fantastic bit of kit

Very happy with my Interphone 5MC. Works fine with other brands. Noise suppression is so good I did a work conf call on a commute to work and no one knew :slight_smile:

Which cheapo are folks referring to here?

these sort. I tried one and it was useless above 40mph at full volume.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/800M-BT-Interphone-Bluetooth-Motorbike-Motorcycle-Helmet-Intercom-Headset-FM-UK-/201792672874?hash=item2efbc7d46a:g:x08AAOSwBw5XQqf2

I’ve got one of these http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/291620508205?_trksid=p2060353.m1438.l2649&ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT

made by maxtek, got it from Aldi when they had them in, sound quality is excellent but battery life is only around 3 hours when I’ve used it on motorways for listening to music, looking for one with a built in radio now and longer battery life, Sena one’s look/ sound good

I fitted a Cardo Freecom to my lid before I buggered off to France and Belgium. Admittedly, I’ve only got the Freecom1, as all I wanted was to be able to receive GPS instructions. The audio quality was awesome, the unit is impressively waterproof (based on the pouring rain I ended up riding in in Belgium), and based on how good the audio was for the Freecom 1, I’m sure the Freecom 4 (which has the intercom features) would do just as good a job.

Bought the Sena 20s for my latest French trip, it poured for a good few hours one day and it was absolutely fine. Even accidentally left the charging port open and still fine.  Bloody good unit i must say!  Sound is amazing, the app lets you customize settings quite well.  Well worth the money.
Dingo-Biker
+1 for the S20 - I have been using mine daily for the past 8 month - Been caught in the worst of it... all be in on a 40 minute commute.... never had a problem.