Insuring bike without a licence?

If you still need storage I can offer a garage in Watford.  Which is straight up from Stonebridge Park, which is not far from Hanger Lane, on the overground.

he could get it insured in your name. nothing illegal doing that me_groovy
How would that work? Do I insure it just like I would my own? Do I need to specify that I do not own the bike? Slacker
He insures you as the rider I believe was ment - but i'd phone up the companies and see what they say, an insurance broker might help matters. Abzero
Nope I meant get a temporary insure policy.  - If you google short term insurance there are loads of companies about.

This is normal for all insurance companies… The premium will go up once he passes the test and has to ring them up to update his details. A provisional driver is seen as lower risk since they will have an experienced driver with them.

Big Yellow are talking a different insurance to that required by the Road Traffic Act,

They want it insured in case it gets damaged by or damages goods stored in adjacent storage lockers because motor vehicles are not covered by the insurance policy they’ll insist you buy from them. Hence all fluids need to be removed to minimise risk.

Check the whole package Big Yellow are offering, including the storage insurance, you’ll find far better deals out there especially when it comes to motorbike storage.

Might be worth storing your ‘stuff’ with Big Yellow and your bike at OMC

National Treasure
What the lady on the phone told me is that I cannot insure it through them, but since it's a motor vehicle, surely, I must already have insurance, otherwise how would I be able to drive it without one. So, she definitely was talking about the road type of insurance. It is possible, of course, that she was just as clueless as me. In any case, it is no longer necessary.
If you still need storage I can offer a garage in Watford.  Which is straight up from Stonebridge Park, which is not far from Hanger Lane, on the overground. Kevsta
All sorted now, mate, but thanks for the offer!
This is normal for all insurance companies.. The premium will go up once he passes the test and has to ring them up to update his details. A provisional driver is seen as lower risk since they will have an experienced driver with them.
I figured there would be a catch like this, but still I'm staggered by that premium.

Happens with cars too. I had it a couple of years ago when I got my driving license.