Insurance (yawn!) Question...

Interestingly (well, for me), in Finland you can be done for driving at 30mph in a 30mph limit if the roads are wet or icy. The overriding speed limit is the ‘situational speed’, not the ‘greatest allowed speed’.

I’m sure I’ve seen this in france, where there’s a lower speed limit posted for wet conditions. Don’t know if it’s in forced.

In Finland it’s not posted, you just have to use your common sense! Speed limits are taken down on the motorways for the winter, so instead of 120km/h, you’re limited to 100km/h. But if it’s icy, you can be done for exceeding the situational speed limit even if you’re below the 100km/h.

And you really really don’t want to be caught speeding in Finland: the fines are based on your level of earnings! Up to 15% excess speed gives you a fixed penalty, after that, you best hope you’re unemployed; the biggest fine was something like £70k, yes, £70,000! I bet the guy wished he hadn’t cashed in his Nokia options that year… Mika Hakkinen’s also been handed a similar fine.

You know what Paivi! That’s fair enough! I met a guy who couldn’t care less about paking tickets as he’s very well off. So if he needs he just park and let the ticket come! 40 quid? he doesnt care! He only avoids clamping areas. For some people the pain in the pocket of a 40 quid fine is enough for them to take the extra care the fine is intend for but for some? They just laugh… I like the idea!

I can’t believe he was caught speeding

Sounds like a far fairer system to me! Living in London and being surrounded by wealthy people it becomes obvious - If your going to penalise someone, then make it fair - a 50 pound fine to one guy is the equivalent two mins of time to a rich guy - or a days work doing a **** job to a poor guy.

Now - I’m thinking, that is not fair

PS - Daryl…get a job for ferks sake…LOL