Insurance time!

So got the annual you need to pay up letter from the insurance company. There quote off the bat was actually pretty good.

Did the usual searches and they have actually come in £100 under the next nearest quote.

So happy days no mucking around for me… an unusual occurrence for me.

1 Like

In my experience it pays to chop and change year on year with newer mo’cycles.

With older mo’cycles I’ve not seen the need. The 250 has had a sub £90 renewal with Just Motorcycle Insurance since 2014. At that price is it worth my time on the comparison sites, I think not.

same with me… was surprised to see that the quote to stay was cheaper than what i could find online.

Well just got mine for the 990SMT, gone up by £100. Time to start calling around for better deals. Any suggestions? Currently with Carol Nash.

I got decent price and service with principal for my 990…

Sub £90 ffs. Must be a postcode thing :slight_smile:

I’m happy I managed to get sub £900 :sleepy:

Just renewed last week. Renewal from Surety was up £40, to £188, but still beat anything else on MCNCompare. Better yet, upon letter them know I had a prang on my car policy they still kept to the £188 price. Nice one. Overall not too bad for an ageing Fazer TPFT on a drive in a Romford postcode. Not looking forward to insurance on a newer bike in near future though.

That and the fact The 250 is worth very little

Is Surety an insurance company? I can’t seem to find how to get a quote from them?!

I reinsured in June & paying £139 for the BMW with breakdown cover Two accidents in the last five years one still to be settled one not my fault & 9 penalty points.

So I now have to insure the Triumph & my last accident was settled on Wednesday of last week in my favour
& my speeding points finished in August.
ill be looking at quotes very soon

They’re a broker on behalf of IAM. They only serve those who’ve passed IAM test. Think it was Aegis who was the underwriters of the insurance though. TBH it’s only in the last couple of years they’ve been anyway near competitive with others.

to be fair, somebody with 9 penalty points is probably going to drive like a saint haha

I drive quite sensible
It’s when I’m on my bike things go to pot

1 Like

My friends bloke at the weekend was driving everywhere like he was doing his test and I found out later he’s got 9 points on his licence.

2 Likes

See if you can find anything else cheaper online. Then call up CN to let them know (it’s even better if the CN website is giving a cheaper quote itself!). They’ll usually match or beat (can take a bit of time and pushing on the phone, and possibly calling up again to speak to someone else).
Did this last month with mine (I’ve been with CN for 6 years or so now). Not only did they reduce the amount, they brought the policy down to less than it was last year, which is def a win in my view.

Well got a better renewal, £245 reduction in renewal. :slight_smile:

Happy man.

Well done!

Just off the phone to MCE and they have said they’ll only replace modified parts with OEM ones in the event of a claim and the only mods you’re not allowed are turbos, superchargers and nitrous.

Oh and the Excess is more than the actual policy…

Every time I see an MCE quote they are cheap as chips, with the excess being the price of the bike.

It’s a business model I suppose.