Insurance time again

I don’t have any of those things that make insurance a high risk. I have a group B postcode, I ride an old low value less desirable to thieves bike, its kept in a garage, I don’t commute, I don’t use it for business, I don’t ride during peak hours, I now ride less than 10,000 miles per year, I have a clean driving licence (in bold because its the first time in almost half a century I’ve had no endorsements on my licence). I don’t have ride other bikes option, legal cover, breakdown, NCB protection or any other premium add ons. My fully comprehensive premium has come in at under £100 per year for the last 5 years.

Did I mention I don’t have any endorsements on my licence?

Link to check your postcode group http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car-insurance-explained/car-insurance-postcode-risk-list.html

1 Like

Here’s a way to possible reduce your premium, take out just 10 months cover and you get one years NCB every 10 months! Never knew that was a thing, found it here

http://www.carinsuranceexplained.com/car-insurance-explained/10-month-bonus-accelerator-car-insurance.html

F* for me :laughing:

We temporarily moved into London E17 a couple of years back and we was F***** too :frowning:

Yup - I’m on that type of policy for my car. Incidentally it’s not really working out more expensive than a 12 month one (maybe a few pounds overall?)
Haven’t seen them around for bikes though

Very interesting, thanks.

What I don’t understand is “any motorcycles in areas D, E or F must be garaged in a locked and secured building whilst at the policy holders address.” yet on my street there are bikes kept permanently in the on-street bike bay. How do their owners get insurance?

@Michael748 Attention to detail look for the stars. Its only the D*, E* & F* areas that motorcycles need to be garaged. That said E17 is F* but I got The Bonne insured as left on drive (specified as a gated front garden). I’d guess its horses for courses and each insurer will take a different view on the individual circumstances.

1 Like

we pay over £2k for it…

Well on the plus side, managed to get insurance sorted. In a storage shed and only extra £280.

Downside is I got mugged on Friday by two scrotes with a carving knife.

So now I am not sure about the upgrade as I am a little nervous about the crime in the area.

What!? Jesus. Bad luck dude.

Holy shit. Phone? Cash?

Hope you are okay.

Yeah all fine. Just a bit shook up. Two guys with a carving knife took my phone, watch and wallet. Didn’t touch me at least so just lost cash and stuff.

Just makes me think the area I moved to is not as safe as I assumed, so 2nd guessing the merits of a shiny new bike.

1 Like

Really sorry to hear that Ryan.

Really sorry to hear that. Have you cancelled all your cards and stuff?

God damn, thankfully you’re alright! What area is it?

I just had my insurance renewal through.
Last year it was the first bike I’d had in three years but Bemoto honoured my NCB and I was paying £330 a year fully comp for my Street Triple.
Just had the renewal through and it’s dropped to £190 this year for the same cover :sunglasses:

I live in a “Refer” post code. The Bandit is kept in a locked garage but not at my address. But TPFT was still only £75 last time. My cars don’t seem particularly expensive to insure either. The advantages of age, I guess, but I had six points at the time

Expect a hike to maybe £90 when you get your hands on the 1250

1 Like

I might just be able to stretch to that - it’s probably what the 650 is worth

That 650 is priceless

2 Likes