insurance classification of a vehicle

Guys, sorry if it is an obvious thing but before i spend 20mins plus calling an 0870 number and being on hold whilst one memeber of staff goes to ask another,… if i have insurance cover on a car for business use and third party fire and theft commuting only on a bike but the car insurance covers me to drive other vehicles on business, does that mean i can use my bike to travel between sites and be covered…? i have asked hr at work and they reakon vehicle in car insurance terms does not cover bikes ?

thanks

You’re saying you want your fully comp insurance for your business car to cover your bike as third party as it would for a car? :unsure:

As far as I know you can only be covered on any other car you drive, not a bike. I stand to be corrected however…

the other fly in the ointment might be the bit that normally says “another vehicle not owned by the policyholder”

+1

Can’t drive it anyway if vehicle belongs to you and in any case I haven’t come across insurance yet which crosses the big line between cars and bikes.

+2 on the other vechile cannot be owned by you.

… and these days the 3rd party entitlement is for ‘emergency use only’ in most cases.