insurance and london

I know not too much abot this - only the general distrust of the insurance companies.

How about someone ( such as LB with its ready made membership ) set up a non-profit insurance service for bikers - perhaps with a bare bones ’ keep me on the rooad ’ budget offering - up to a luxury level complete with courtesy Goldwing replacement bike while yours is off road!! This could be limited to a within M25 postcode basis.

I’m sure someone will tell me why this is not feasible - but its a nice idea.

Goldwing within M25? For my Chelsea to the City commute?

Just renewed on a year old CBR600F with 2 years NCB in Inner West London, on the road but alarmed £400 with £350 excess with Autonet. The renewal quote was £480 with £500 excess and it took about 4 hours on the internet and an hour then playing them off against each other. I have a spreadsheet if anyone is interested.

Devitt Insurance about £350 £200 excess female 25 completed CBT in June, no security devices apart from Smart water installed by Honda (is that a device?)

The above quote includes legal cover and breakdown cover (so I am covered for breakdown by Honda (AA) and whatever company Devitt use

Tell your girlfriend it can only get easier and cheaper from here onwards

move outta london - i got my cbr and er5 insured on same policy - fully com £250 for both

I can recommend H&R insurance (www.insurance2000.co.uk). I am 26, have an 03 CBR600F, 1 year NCB, alarm, secure parking in the N8 area and it cost me 700 quid TPFT for the year. By far the cheapest I was quoted.

Hastings were the only company to insure my 2006 R1, for less than 400 pounds. The highest I was figure quoted was 6,000, then around 1,100!

Bloody expensive, no matter how you look at it. Sydney was dirt cheap in comparison.

norwich union cost me 350pound for my 1997 cbr600f and 430pound for my zzr1100 thirdparty fire and theft

97 srad 600, £80:D in se london, bermondseyTrouble i believe is with people getting bikes nicked is a lot more people are buying newer bikes these day and not having a garage to put em in. a garage aint the be all but at least its not on view for all to see.

If ya want a new bike find somewhere good to put it b4 ya get it or if not get an older bike.

I’ve gone third party only. No point doing more when I paid £1000 for the bike. It has security, is locked/chained/pasted with dobermans/rottweilers/pitbulls and so on. Used H&R Insurance brokers and paid £170 with 2 years NCB - including 2 no fault claims - Triumph Sprint 955. London is expensive for insurance. My brother is up in Lincoln and pays £110 fully comp for his Virago 1100… Sad.

At least there is competition these days. 20 years ago there were very few companies who would insure bikes at all.