inspiration/actual vintage item wanted

my girls bro is into his vintage bikes (nortons, enfields, any bike that is in a dodgy state that is as old as the hills :wink:

anyway, its his 40th birthday on sat - any one got any ideas or items that would make a good present for someone of that biking persuasion?

thanks!:smiley:

how about the old style boots, zip at rear and buckle top n bottom ?

Think Tug might sell his 9yr project :smiley:

amal carb repair kit, cable making kit…

he likely has an impact driver but does he have a nut splitter…

always handy to have battery chargers for old bikes…

polishing kit…solvol, etc etc…

he will have all the important spanners I guess but maybe he needs an automotive electrical repair kit…one with all the connectors and all that malarky…

Spoke tightening tool

Mini compressor for his tyres…

demon tweeks gift voucher for his wilder moments…

car lift

scot oiler

is this any good… Ooh and just though of carb spray for cleaning his carbs…great stuff…

lol

some good stuff on that list. possibly more practical than i was thinking but could be great backups. will look into 'em. thankssteve - the boots idea is a goodun altho will be tricky to find out his size subtley in time i thinkprob thinking something more ‘objet’. …in fact, this has given me an idea, the Ace Cafe sells merchandise and some vintage gear. some stuff from there might do the trick?

Best thing to get him if he is into old triumphs/Nortons is an oil drip tray for his garage, either that or a RAC membership :smiley:

haha, or a new bike catalogue :wink:

that guy can make the bikes run tho. he’s ridden bikes he’s had in the UK back to his home in budapest!