Infinity

Bought some gloves at the Camberley store. Changed my mind and tried to take them back to Holborn. Bob was pretty fucking rude about it. He stood there giving the sales girl a hard time for starting the refund for about five minutes, then served someone else, then rudely pointed at the terms and conditions poster. I said I wished they had one in Camberley or if they did have one that they had pointed it out. He just kept saying the same thing over and over, about how he didn’t have to give me a refund and he only had to give me an exchange, but if I’d bought it online then he could.
It’s not a shame post as such, but more buyer beware. But safe to say, I’ll not visit Holborn Infinity ever again.

No escuse for the rudeness; but often returns will count against sale figures; but they aren’t transferred between stores; so returning to a different store gives them poorer sales figures; but meh

I don’t need airs and graces but they guy needs a course in basic politeness

If that’s the guy I think it is he is the reason I’m not a fan of the holborn one either!!!

Bit of a waste posting here, have you been on to HO, looks like an unresolved matter to me.

The contract you have with the retailer is with the company not the branch so you can legally return the item to any branch you choose. However retailers either choose to stand their ground or don’t know the law.

In any event suggest you complain about the guy’s customer skills.

I’ve dealt with Bob on numerous occasions and he seems like a nice guy but I’ve not had to return anything so not sure how he’d react.

Infinity at least refund you if needed, unlike J&S who only give you vouchers to use in their stores (that have a bloody expiry date!).

You are always entitled to a refund as long as it’s a reasonable time frame.

Only if they’re unfit for purpose, faulty or not as described. Other than that, it’s down to the shop.

Online is different.

Yup they don’t do refunds unless there is a fault.

Not really, I got a credit note. Their policy is clearly displayed in the shop I returned to, and as today was my 14th day, I don’t have time to go to the one I bought it from to see if they have a poster.

Bullshit policy though, won’t be back. Apart from to spend the voucher obviously.

Still no excuse for rudeness. Given they want customers in the shop rather than online.

You are always entitled to a refund as long as it's a reasonable time frame. commuter-boy
Sorry that's not true. Online is different

[quote] Bit of a waste posting here, have you been on to HO, looks like an unresolved matter to me. --- brains_t [/quote]

Not really, I got a credit note. Their policy is clearly displayed in the shop I returned to, and as today was my 14th day, I don’t have time to go to the one I bought it from to see if they have a poster.
Bullshit policy though, won’t be back. Apart from to spend the voucher obviously.

yourebarred
If you paid by credit card, you are entitled to approach the card company to refund the amount.

Go hanger lane and ask for simon. The guys there are much nicer and simon is on the forums…I think his username is anubis1st

Edit.

https://londonbikers.com/anubis-1st

+1 for Hanger Lane

I popped into the Holborn branch the other day, to have a look at some gloves and the older bloke who I presume to be the manager hung around me like I was going to steal something, I don’t think you are welcome there unless you are planning on spending hundreds of pounds. The Hanger Lane branch was much nicer.

Camberley store
I brought new jacket gloves and crash helmet was supposed to get a voucher for £50.00 because they had a deal on and didn’t receive it.I then rang them up and didn’t get any help the membership card they give u is a complete Conn.

That sounds shite, but I actually found the Camberley staff to be decent

We’re lucky in this country with a retail industry which extends very flexible returns policies to Joe Public - I hope you never have to experience returning something in France.

That said, your story illustrates this flexibility isn’t universal. I still believe the customer is always right and it’s stupid of them to alienate you, and cause this mini-storm, over a pair of gloves.