impossible decision

My advice is don’t let the bastards grind you down. If you enjoy the bike then you should keep it.

Unfortunately getting bikes nicked or car’s and houses broken into is one of the hazzards of living in our great City. You can either let these scumbags dictate what sort of bike you ride, what sort of car you have or whether you turn your house into a barred jail or you can simply budget for a certain level of crime that you will have to grin and bear.

In the past 12 months I have had the house broken into and a BMW car stolen and last Saturday some scumbag broke my car window in a fruitless search for my satnav - so I am not spouting theory here.

I am not going to let them decide how I live!

Depend on the money involved.

I’m in the same boat 30 min commute and like to use the bike to get around during the weekend, although I do want to do some touring.

I’m considering getting a decentish honda air cooled single (dominator or vigour) and either ratting it (ie taking of the plastics and putting a battered tank on it, with a view to doing a street tracker in the long term (think this http://www.bikeexif.com/honda-nx650-dominator) . Good for commuting on cheap insurance etc etc

Another option is to look at getting in early,picking a spot where you can lash up to a rail or lamppost and using disklocks and a chain.

Sorry for the wallet gutting your looking at.