importing american bike frames

hello,

I have seen an american bike frame for £100, in the UK, it doesn’t have papers, but all the numbers.

Can this be built into a bike and registered in the UK?

Can’t see why not. Search the interweb. I know theres a useful page on Direct.gov.uk regarding this kind of thing.

prob would be classed as an import on yer insurance though

Not sure it will be classed as an “import” but almost certainly going to end up with a Q plate, which is just as iffy with the insurance company vultures.

Oh. You might also have to get “single vehicle type approval” before either the DVLA or the insurance people will touch it.

Not sure it will be classed as an “import” but almost certainly going to end up with a Q plate, which is just as iffy with the insurance company vultures.

Oh. You might also have to get “single vehicle type approval” before either the DVLA or the insurance people will touch it.

I looked in this before and to be able to use it will cost you a **** load not worth it wait til a uk one pops up

they took the bike away anyway, aparantly I cant buy back CAT B… Im having the wheel off since the tyres on the credit card n technically aren’t mine :wink:

you were thinkin to rebuild?

cheap track bike