Im now the proud owner of the prettiest R1, what a dream to ride....

be good to see some actual pics of your R1 :slight_smile: Iā€™m not an R6/R1 fan normally but there is certain years/colour schemes that look stunning.

what year did you buy?

i rode a mates 08 R1, i quite liked it :smiley: was torquey, but as much as my SVThouā€¦well it didnt feel like it, but on papaer its prob very close either way!

coming from a few years of riding V-Twins, i find IL4 600ā€™s a bit buzzy, like a two stroke, and then BANG! but not for long cos you gotta keep it singing to get a move on, the R1 was a diffrent beast, being a 1000 it need to be revved less, and it had go from quite low down, i was suprised!

thats the diffrence between 600ā€™s and 1000ā€™s, 1000ā€™s have much more ā€˜punchā€™ and need to be revved less plus you can short shift with out losing too much speed, 600ā€™s you gotta rev them.

but limits is a tricky one, ride a modern 1000 like a blade or a gixxa or even an R1 to its limit on the roadā€¦and youā€™d be banned or dead before long, in some respects its the smae for 600ā€™s as the performance is close relaly, high top end speeds etc

you get close to the limit on a 600 yeh, and you can still ride a 1000 fast on the road, but you wont get near the limitā€¦unless your racing the TT:D

btw straight lines dont count as the ā€˜limitā€™:stuck_out_tongue:

out of interest, if you redlined a thou sports bike in second how fast would you be going?

Probably about 125-130 I reckon?

Anyway, talking of the TT, that highlighted the ā€˜differenceā€™ between a 1000 and a 600 in a real life racing situation:

Current lap records

Category - Rider - Machine - Year - Time Average speed

Superbike - Conor Cummins - Kawasaki ZX10 1000 cc - 2010 - 17:12.83 - 131.511 miles per hour

Supersport TT - Michael Dunlop - Yamaha 600 cc - 2010 - 17:42.52 - 127.836 miles per hour

I more excited about getting quicker round corners than going fast in a straight line. I worry too much about coming off at great speed or how quick I would brake if I were going stupidly fast.
All experience I guess and Iā€™d be saying differently if I had an R1!!
Enjoy the bike (wish I had one)! :smiley:

She corners effortlessly, feels a lot safer that my ZX6R round the bends, breaks are less harsh, firm but dont lock. Its the bike Ive wanted for 10 years so birthday pressie to meeeeeeeeeeeeeeee :slight_smile:

tis quite close really, bear in mind the 600ā€™s are singing all the way round, there are parts the riders go throught throttle pinned, on the thouā€™s they go back a gear or roll off a bit.

but its defo close, tho i bet the thouā€™s engine has an easier time round the island!

most newish 1000ā€™s will touch or break 100mph in first so 125-130 is about righti think.

This is Sweet Sue :slight_smile: (yes, I named her)

Attachments

MC7559550.jpg

Nice Bike TanyaD. Wrong colour though :hehe:

Enjoy it tanya:) lovely bike:)

Woooooooooooooooooooooooottttttt? :stuck_out_tongue: That is the sexiest colour combo, wait til you see her in person and me riding it in stilettos and a matching helmet and THEN tell me whats wrong with that picture. pffffffffffffffftttttttttttttttttt :wink:

Lolā€¦Iā€™m only winding you up Tanā€¦Bumberbclotā€¦Rastaā€¦You post a picture up of you in stilettos and your be a hero in my eyes forever moreā€¦Popcorn time

I like that shape, although a bit too understated for meā€¦ looks classy though :slight_smile: I would get some bright gear, no one will see you coming on that stealthy thing

Im a classy chick, what can I say :wink:

Yeah, she is a bit too quiet

Nice bike Tanya, but if your setting off from a fuel stop with Joby you may as well be on a push bike.

That said yer bike is pants.

Joby???

Joby is an iconic LB Volvo owner who takes ten minutes or more to plug in his bits, fiit his helmet and put on his gloves.

Anyone on a 125 could make 15 miles on him before he set off.:slight_smile:

Were sure your bike is lovely even though its an R1.:smiley:

Shame no-one intelligent other than Ratty 46, Banman or Alex Gold has been on this thread.:smiley:

Well please be nice about it and dont take the shine off it, I bought it as a birthday/commiseration present for myself because after 6 months of trying to get over the anger of my partner cheating, I could no longer make it work and had to end it, so this is my way of trying to cheer myself up. Please let me enjoy it.

Donā€™t take too much notice of the disparaging remarksā€¦theyā€™re just envious. Just go and enjoy your beautiful new bike. :slight_smile: