-----------------------IM MEMORY OF ALI-----------------------

I wanted to thank you all for coming yesterday and making the day so special. We had a great ride to Southend and a good laugh while we were there. So thank each and every one of you who was able to attend to remember Ali.

We raised £160 yesterday. Thank you all for your donations and there were some very generous donations too. So £160 from yesterday, I had already collected £120 beforehand and Paivi has an estimated £180 which makes a grand total of £460. We need to raise just a bit more so those who would like to donate, your donations are welcome.

Here are a few words said on the day for those who couldn’t make it yesterday:

To start off I wanted to say a few “thank you” s.

1. I wanted to thank Paivi for the wonderful idea of planting a tree as a memorial for Ali. This will be a perfect way to remember Ali.

2. A big thank you to the leaders and tail gunners of each group for the rideout. These were Adam H, Charlie, Weaver, Steve, Matt and Mac P. Thank you all for ensuring a safe, smooth and fun ride and for those that stepped in at the last minute.

3. A special thanks to Weaver and Steve who made a monumental effort from the start of the idea to making it happen on the day. Without you, it would not be possible. Thank you.

4. Last but not least, the people who were there attended on the day, their generosity and showing their support for Ali. Thank you all.

As time goes by, there is always the fear of forgetting our fallen friend, like a balloon that’s been let go but the tree will be like and anchor keeping Ali in our thoughts and our hearts.

When the tree is planted with a plaque beside it, I want you to proudly remember the part you played in making it possible, so a thank you goes to everyone today and those who couldn’t make it as well.

Ali’s family asked me to read out an open letter they wrote:

Dear All,

Thank you very much for the continuous support and efforts to make a memorial for Ali.

Ali was a very kind and giving person. He always enjoyed helping others. I can see why he wanted to be with you. I can see the same characters in you as a group; kindness, support and willingness to help.

Ali was very conscious about safety, I am sure if he was here now he would tell you to please be careful when you ride and would ask you not to go too fast and to be especially careful in bad weather conditions.

Thanks again for you efforts.

We wish you an enjoyable and safe ride.

Best Wishes, Ali’s family.

On Friday the 4th of August, take a few moments to remember Ali as he would have been 21 years old that day.

Kind Regards, Sam aka Snap.

Well said…

thanks Snap!

Thanks, perhaps we could all be there when the tree is put up? Is that possible?

Thanks Sam.

Pleased to meet some new faces!

RIP Ali.

Simply perfect; maybe an annual summer event in his memory

Cheers Sam!

well said that man!

Well done mate - the speech was really moving!

There’s one important name missing from that thank you list Sam…. your own. This day was your idea and full credit to you. The speech in particular must have been hard for you, bringing back memories both good and bad. I was honoured to be a small part of the day and proud to be a part of this community.

Thanks Sam.

Oh… and the idea of an annual rideout to Southend, the last weekend in July or first weekend in August sounds like another great way to remember Ali.

Hi to all who i met yesterday.Your all a great bunch and it was a pleasure doing my first LondonBiker rideout in aid of Ali with all of you.

That ride back was exceptional (apart from the cramp in my left leg that lasted about 20 miles )

Thanks especially to you lot who were there last night at the ace giving me much needed advice and just someone to talk to about bikes face to face!

I’m getting my evo 3 blue flame tomorrow night + other much needed add ons(and a rear hugger snap )

See you down @ Cubana

Thanks Sam, as has already been said-was proud to be a small part of such a special event

Thanks RO, your too kind. Im so glad the ride went very well and everyone enjoyed themselves.