If you had a pub...

So, as the title says, if you had your own pub/bar what would you call it and what type of pub/bar would it be?

Imagine you have enough money (Lottery style) that you don’t need to do all the hard work, and can just turn up on the evenings whenever you want for a few pints with your customers, or to muck in behind the bar… The sky’s the limit on this one! :wink:

I’ll start the ball rolling… I’d have a country pub with log fires for the winter, a huge range of real ales and traditional pub food cooked fresh from the kitchen. :cool:

I’d call it “The Hunters Moon” :slight_smile:

Sounds great, you buy it and we`ll organise a rideout to the opening.:stuck_out_tongue:

titty bar for me…with an office overlooking the operation…it would’nt be a seedy one mind…it would have cabare shows and live comedien shows aswell…the bar staff would be topless and the waitreses also…

i would call it 789…and would put my heart and soul into it…

smiled:).

George And The Dragon (sorry honey! :stuck_out_tongue: ).

It’d have to be a JAZZZZZZZ bar… or a jizz bar I guess!:w00t:

Stoat and scrote. it’d be welcoming to everyone except chavs

Mine would be a real spit and sawdust type of place, good music, ye olde American atmosphere :smiley:

Would call it ‘Moonshine’ :smiley:

Love it mate,

You forgot to mention the car park full of bikes outside though! :w00t:

sounds nice mel…picture the scene…

i pull up outside your bar…throw my leg over my sickle…walk through the doors…and head over too the jukebox…

you look over from the end of the bar…were you recognise the faded dusty leathers…a quater goes into the jukebox…and i turn around to look at you with a half cocked smile when this starts…

now throw me a jack & coke country mama…some serious sh1t is about to go down :wink:
smiled:).

That’s well cool :cool:

Great thread Roadrunner :wink:

Hehe, love it shane :smiley:

I’d like mine to have poker in the back and liquor in the front;)

Most people around this part of Spain are a long way past retirement age…I would have a nice comfortable place for them with dominoes and cards etc…

I would call it “The Shufflers Gait” :slight_smile:

My Grandfather and then my Father owned a Pub/Hotel. I grew up in it.

I wouldn’t want to run one as it’s bloody hard work so instead I’ll just come and visit all of yours !!

ive always said if i had a pub i would call it The Beagles Arms. no idea why :crazy:

I’ve just edited this post to include the following…

“Imagine you have enough money (Lottery style) that you don’t need to do all the hard work, and can just turn up on the evenings whenever you want for a few pints with your customers, or to muck in behind the bar… The sky’s the limit on this one!” :wink:

I’d open a pub a stones throw from Westminster Palace and call it:

The Thieving Bastards.

:smiley:

As long as it sells Buckfast & You can ride your bike to the bar I don’t care! :w00t:

Buckfast? I’m guessing that you’re a jock then?!?.. :stuck_out_tongue:

“No No No, definatley not a Jock”! :w00t:they stole the Bucky from us! :wink:

Really? I didn’t know that. I always associated it with mad jocks, as I had a few scottish mates who insisted on having a bottle of Buckfast before we went out drinking.Interestingly, it is actually made in Buckfast Abbey by monks, but distributed by wine merchants because the abbey lost it’s licence to sell it in 1927… :smiley: