I wonder what the Judges reasoning is?

And we reckon the courts are too lenient here in the UK? :roll_eyes: It will be interesting to hear why the Judge lowered the penalty when he gives his reasons in 90 days time regarding Nicky Hayden’s crash

https://www.msn.com/en-gb/sport/more-sports/driver-involved-in-nicky-haydens-fatal-crash-sentenced/ar-BBOcKo6?li=BBoPWjQ

Wasn’t it something to do with Nicky not stopping at a stop sign? I read the article a few days ago but don’t remember it that well.

I know that, supposedly, in Greece a pedestrian can be apportioned blame if a car hits them when not crossing the road at a pedestrian junction.

It says

Defence lawyers argued that Hayden had failed to halt at a stop sign, and was cycling with ear buds in and listening to music.

If that’s the case then can’t really blame the driver much. Let the one who’s never done 40mph in a 30mph zone throw a rock at me first.

1 Like

Having just spent two weeks driving around The Peloponnese peninsular in Greece. I can honestly say that Greek drivers/riders are bonkers mad. Undertaking, overtaking weaving in and out of lines of traffic. A car overtaking a lorry overtaking a bus on a blind corner. Saw it all and was in a Hurricane as well. Worst thing was trying to avoid the bloody great Tour buses on the tiny twisty roads out in the countryside.

I believe Kevin has some insight for that matter :grin:

1 Like

Fucking Swiss bus drivers

What’s that in the background behind the trees Kev?