I won my first court case.

I do give advice to people about starting a small claim against someone who owes you money, but having never actually done it myself it was based on knowledge learnt rather than experience. I did my first one and received payment for it yesterday.

Cost £25 as the claim was only for £160 and received a cheque in the post, including interest, as the case was uncontested by the other party.

Was pretty simple and was all done online, took awhile as the Court failed to send me some paperwork they were supposed to send and I had to chase it up, but got Judgement in January and received the money middle of February. Was kinda looking forward to seeing how the enforcement action worked…maybe next time.

Congrats… Even if it was by default :stuck_out_tongue:

Kaos 1 - 0 The system… :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Just kidding, congrats man! :slight_smile:

congratulations!

Hey Badboy go to https://www.moneyclaim.gov.uk/web/mcol/welcome for the answer.

I’ve done a few of these over the years. Once registered you can whip off a claim in 15 minutes.

Enforcement can be through a variety of fun ways. I’ve frozen banks accounts, ordered garnishees and sent in the bailiffs. You have to pick the right enforcement for the defendents. I onece sent bailffs to Flybe. They came back with a cheque but forgot to add their fees so I sent them back the following day. They said the look on the reception staff faces as they walked through the door on the second day was priceless!

Well done! :slight_smile:

:smiley:

well done fella :slight_smile:

Well done & congratulations mate :slight_smile:

Well done Kaos, that’s excellent news, I’m still trying to chase mine and if I get anywhere with it, you’ll be receiving payment from me too :slight_smile:

No surprise with all the practice u get here :stuck_out_tongue:
Well done Special K :smiley:

Yes it did work for me Badboy. Always good to know if a large company bullys you or ignores you. Flybe lost my luggage and refused to refund the full amount. I got all of my money back in the end.

It does work but it is not a quick fix.

The case I won dated back to April 2010. So it has taken almost 12 months.

Problem lies in the fact that you cannot just take someone to court, you have to make attempts at resolving the situation first, and that can take a considerable amount of time.