I want to be able to tow!

I want to tow a trailer on the back of my car so I can transport my bike but on the back of my licence it doesn have a symbol for it. Any idea how I can get the entitlement added or what test I have to do?

yeah you have to do another test car and trailer test

try giving these guys a look


Holy crap!!! Since when???

I called my car and bike insurance out of kindess to let them know I will be towing sometimes and no one mentioned to me about doing another test!!!

I’ll be towing once again in a few hours too. That link is for commercial towing, not private stuff.

yeah but when did you do yoour test because if you passed it after 1997 you have to do a test so you can tow a trailer

see link http://www.bigwheelers.co.uk/training/trailer_towing/car_trailer.htm

Check HERE >>> http://www.direct.gov.uk/Motoring/DriverLicensing/WhatCanYouDriveAndYourObligations/WhatCanYouDriveArticles/fs/en?CONTENT_ID=4022547&chk=oQylE9 for what you can and can’t drive on your current licence entitlement.

It is true… you now need a Catagory B + E entitlement to tow a trailer behind a car. This is subject to when you passed you Catagory B (car) test. (usually apply to those who passed their test on or after 1 January 1997).

For those that don’t know:

Cat A = Motorcycles

Cat B = Car

Cat C = Lorries

Cat D = Busses/Coaches

Cat E = Trailers

Luckly i got A, B, BE, B1, C1, C1E, D1, D1E then

Had me worried for a while there

yeah but you still need to do a test, i have seen the way women reverse cars so you revering a trailer will be a nightmare

just let me know when your reversing or driving and ill stay off the road around your area