I need someone to fill in a ground-anchor

I have a ground anchor cemented into a parking bay (with tarmac on top) and need it removed and the surface repaired. Does anyone have any recommendations for someone who could do this? East London.

Is the Pikey Site still by the Marshes???

No pikeys please.

I it may be cheaper just to cut it off at ground level by the time you have dug it out and back filled including labour ithe cost would most probably be over if not to far off the value of a new anchour 

Thermite.

It’s a big Y model. The biggest the Anchor Man could put in. The estate management firm are getting me a quote for their guys to do it but I suspect that’ll be business-supplier expensive so would prefer to find someone to do it myself.

Yeah Wise, you may be right, it might be best to take the path of least resistance. I can do without keeping it:

If the y anchor is completely underground and assuming you don’t want to take it with you, I’d just fill it up.

One of those pothole repair kits would probably do the trick http://www.fralli.com/index.aspx?pageid=3450868&prodid=14654644&gs=1

I’d say the same. you don’t achieve anything by cutting it all out. 

is the landlord not interested in having a free Y anchor to advertise for the next tenant?

No, the road surface has to be repaired. The Y Anchor is flush with the ground so it can’t simply be covered, it has to either have the top grinded off, which sounds like difficult work or it needs digging out and then the surface relaid.

No, the road surface has to be repaired. The Y Anchor is flush with the ground so it can't simply be covered, it has to either have the top grinded off, which sounds like difficult work or it needs digging out and then the surface relaid. Jay
cutting the top off wont half as hard as trying to break it out of concrete
then you could patch repair the top surface
Have You Asked Jamie ?

Not yet.

Jay - Did your landlord give you permission to install it?  If he did, was it conditional that you would have to remove it when you leave?  If it was not conditional, then you ought to be able to just leave it.

Have you considered getting The Anchor-Man to remove it for you?  After all, he is the guy that installed it, and with his building trade background, he should be able to remove it.  It would also be a good for him to record the removal of it for his website, showing how secure it is, and how professional his services are.

I wouldn’t be doing it if I didn’t have to, trust me :slight_smile:

That’s a good idea to speak to Anchor Man, I didn’t consider that really. Thanks Aceman.

You’re most welcome :-)  

Wise, which Jamie are we talking about? What username?

The Anchor Man couldn’t do it, but he did also suggest that lopping off the top, filling it with concrete and then laying cold-lay over the top was the best solution.

Think it`s jaime.

That’s who I mean

Or I could do it, where are you Jay?

I have a large angle grinder if you wanna borrow it but there is no way I can put the transformer on my bike it weighs to much