I might be back on those mean streets yet.....

A Pc from the Met’s TSG who had an arm amputated due to cancer is returning to the streets…

http://www.newsoftheworld.co.uk/news/133435/Im-real-Robocop-COP-who-has-a-bionic-arm-after-losing-it-to-cancer-is-set-to-resume-frontline-RIOT-dutiesmdashin-Britainrsquos-TOUGHEST-police-squad.html

His injury is different to mine in that I have substantial nerve damage to my right shoulder, but f I get that fixed it appears all is not lost, and I might continue to have some fun!

execlent news mate fingers crossed

Our very own LB Robocop !

go for it, i think the fed paid a handsome sum towards this, its gotta be worth a try

Great news - it will give you something ambitious but achievable to aim for.

Good news, hope it all goes well!! :smiley:

That’s amazing! It definitely has to be worth a punt. :slight_smile:

Good news mate, all good light at the end of the tunnel :slight_smile:

mate I’m well happy for you… good luck and I hope they can repair the damage

Good news John- just thinking yesterday that you had not been here for a day or two - how are you & your little boy? :slight_smile:

Not bad thanks, we’re back to London tomorrow for a check up, x-ray, echo, ECG & blood test… all day job. I’ve not been on much due to kids being home (due to vomitting bug, which thankfully I haven’t got yet) and sorting out stuff/paperwork etc at home which I haven’t looked at since 16/10/08!

nice 1 m8, go for it if its wot you want.

is there not something you can do with motorbike scene? the bike awareness lark etc or something along those lines, you’ve got the scars to prove it and as we all know people listen to people when they have done what they are talking about.

Technology has come along way now!!

His injury is different to mine in that I have substantial nerve damage to my right shoulder, but f I get that fixed it appears all is not lost, and I might continue to have some fun!

Bikeless and armless since 17/10/08

God help us lol… me bruvs just gone to hide the swag haha…

well done john im pleased for ya

We can rebuild him.:smiley: Good luck

Glad there is hope for the arm and job John.

Always like reading your inspirational posts!

is that whats meant by the arm of the law haha

here’s hoping,

they will have to do something for you anyway, your too expensive to cast !!!

good luck john

Excellent news John. And about your boy.

My mate rides a big Suzuki trailie with one arm - he modified it himself. He’s quite a guy and blats around Europe on his bike. Where there’s a will there’s a way :slight_smile: Q

Great news Johnboy :slight_smile:

Hope the little fellows avoiding the vomiting bug!