I can't get away from no to bike parking fee's people!!!!

I think the name calling has gone both ways, there are even topics with the title Tw*ts on noto… on here. I’m happy to say I’ve not insulted anyone on either forum (to my knowledge) but I am a bit surprised by the behaviour of some people in here. To both sides: Why are you surprised that when you light the fuse, an explosion soon follows? If you’re going to throw sarcasm around, aggresive posts, belittling posts, borderline bullying, then there’s a good chance some of that will come back your way.

The NTBPF supporters have another forum that they are using but does that mean they can’t discuss their issues on this site as well? Especially if they were members here before noto came into existence.

I’m on both sides here. I recognise that there are people that agree with bike parking fees/don’t agree but don’t want to protest/don’t agree and do protest/don’t care one way or the other. Which ever category you fit into, how about we all chat/discuss without lacing your posts with inciteful sarcasm or malicious insults? After all, we do all ride bikes/trikes/scoots and live/work/ride in London.

I’d like to sticky this in about 12 threads I’ve been reading tonight but I’m afraid I’d get done for repetitive posts and since I don’t normally post that often, I’m not au fait with what’s worthy of a sticky:unsure:

Especially if they were members here before noto came into existence

Not sure what you mean…Some of them were, some of them weren’t. My comment wasn’t that well thought through because ultimately it shouldn’t matter. As far as I know, Admin and mods aside, someone who has been here for years and posted 10,000 times has no more right to be here than someone who just posted their first post tonight. Correct me if I’m wrong, but that’s a fair comment isn’t it?

Not apathy, just an unwillingness to be told what we should think by you campaigners.

Actually we would like to correct you there, we believe that the NTBP people were told to post only in the current affairs/ soapbox section since the new forum has been created. Hence we have edited this post as you have taken it slightly ‘off topic’ as Tiggi has pointed out.

We are drawing a line under this now. Going forward, please let this post (and possibly others like it in the future) remain as it is and use your own threads in the relevant forum to post up about your ‘issues’.

Thanks
Lusty

Note to self…dont take the p!ss outta Ang unless wearing well armoured CODPIECE :D:D:D

and I thought you was a lady Ang :slight_smile:

Who’s telling you what to think?

I’m certainly not. Campaigner? I’ve attended one demo as I personally deeply resent having one of the fundamental freedoms of biking being taken away by a cynical money-grabbing authority like Westminster. It makes my life more difficult and I don’t see any valid reason for it.

I’d say the campaign is allowing itself to get a little too personal by making constant smears at Danny Chalkley, whether or not he initiated it I’d say it’s a little less than professional to focus so strongly on one individual the way they’re doing.

Westminster’s reaction though I think is typically heavy-handed and just outlines how unwilling they are to listen let alone understand why the majority of people forced to pay this tax feel the way they do.

I mean there was no consultation on any of this, in typical Westminster style they’ve forced through something which noone really wants purely in the interests of making money.

Looks like I missed all the fun whilst enjoying a lovely pizza at Westfield (btw recommend that place if you haven’t been there before).

Hey Josef, nice words about LB - only a matter of time wasnt it? Shame we didn’t get to become friends, I was kinda warming to you and your childish rants. Anyway, as you won’t be around anymore, I hope your campaign is successful, as it means I wont have to pay. And if you fail, I know one thing for sure… you’ll be crying about it a lot more than I will! :wink:

Wish you all the best in your marathon - I hope it’s for a good cause.

Sorry Tiggs for the hijack (ps. saw your text this morning - haha)

:slight_smile:

Lets get to the important bit… Whare did you get your lovely pizza Alex and what did you have on it?:smiley:

No dumplings on it - but it was ‘different’.

Okay, Lusty had the ‘bombay’ tandoori chicken pizza, with mango chutney, mint yoghurt and broccoli (Hmm I wasnt sure about the broccoli, but it tasted good)

and I had some other Asian/oriental one which had hoi sin sauce, butterfly prawns, spring onions, red peppers and chilli oil.

Place was called fire & stone, and was pretty reasonable in price (about £8-9 per pizza).

:smiley:

That sounds bloody lovely. I NEED to go there :smiley:

lol - it was strange to have it on a pizza, but it/they were really good.

The whole menu was arranged by continents & then subdivided by countries. Each had their own little ‘twist’.

Worth a visit :smiley:

Next Saturday, I’m going to ride into Westminster early, I’m going to park up my bike, I’m going to pay and I’m going to enjoy paying. Then I think I’ll go home.

Maybe we should start a ‘Say Yes To Bike Parking Charges Campaign’ :smiley:

is there a problem with the parking in westminster?

No, I believe they have installed ground anchors that sink into the floor so that street sweepers can pass over them. Ingenious.

This thread has been an interesting read for the last couple of days, not least the pizzas bit. Just as well it was on “General Chat” though.

I gota tad pi**ed of with the “Current Affairs” forum being effectively hijacked not long after it had started by the Say No… lot and stuck up a post (a bit devils advocate) that if this was the way the forum was going, it might as well be closed down now.

The over raction was interesting. You’d think I’d suggested compulsory castration for bikers. Then Lustfish closed the thread.

At least this thread has got to sheet 3. So far.

As a matter of fact, they haven’t!

That sounds lovely Alex, I like the sound of the Tandoori n chutney and as you say, the broccoli does sound a bit odd but hey, thats Lusty all over;):DWas there a Gravy option?:smiley:

Must be only on some of the streets.