Hutchinson

Bloody hell, that’s some work he’s having done to his leg…

Source: http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/motorsport/40682454

Multiple TT winner Ian Hutchinson is taking his recovery day-by-day after suffering major injuries during last month’s Senior TT race.

The 16-time TT winner came off his Tyco BMW at the 27th milestone, having won the Superbike and Superstock races.

The 37-year-old had to have his ankle removed following the accident, and also broke his femur.

Hutchinson is now having his leg reconstructed by a surgeon in Cambridge who has treated him before.

He must lengthen his lower leg by 40mm to compensate for having his ankle removed, and has achieved 5mm so far.

Hutchinson, from Bingley, is the third most successful rider in the history of the TT.

He had to endure more than 30 operations on his left leg after an accident in 2010 and after a five-year absence returned to win eight TT races in the last three years.

Hutchinson is the only man to win five TT events in one week, a feat he achieved seven years ago, and followed that up with trebles at the 2015 and 2016 meetings.

McGuinness is going through the same at the moment. 40mm of his shin is in a hedgerow at the NW200 somewhere. 

https://twitter.com/jm130tt/status/888316357191884800

thats some unlucky bastard…i dont know if i could cope with all that. twice.

Yuck!  I can’t think of any other single word to describe my reflection on that, without taboo language.

Oh my. I can only imagine how painful all this must be. Extending legs by 40mm!?!? That’s not natural!

It’s actually quite natural, the body is able to bridge small gaps in broken bones & they stretch it little by little as it repairs and before you know it 40mm will have been achieved…I imagine it’s not a pain free process though!

There are small gaps and then there’s 40mm…

It's actually quite natural, the body is able to bridge small gaps in broken bones & they stretch it little by little as it repairs and before you know it 40mm will have been achieved...I imagine it's not a pain free process though! Curtis

So do you think I could make 6’4"?  Currently 5’9" but single - bah humbug!

Yep that’s also possible. It’s a form of cosmetic surgery. Google it

[quote] Curtis So do you think I could make 6'4"?  Currently 5'9" but single - bah humbug! --- Aceman [/quote]

Yep that’s also possible. It’s a form of cosmetic surgery. Google it

Panagiotis
It's called penis enlargement.

go buy a gixxer 1000 and live in essex, it’s cheaper

I wonder at what point you’d consider giving up and moving on to something less dangerous and life changing.