*** HUGE THANKYOU FOR YOUR SUPPORT EAA***

One HUUUUUGGGGEEEE “thanks guys” to ALL who helped us achieve a massive £40,600 to help the EAA team and beating our previous record of £35,000 in 2007 (2008 was lower because it rained all day)!! Absolutely amazing stuff guys…Thanks to all who helped at Ford Dunton with the marshalling, always pleased to get the regular guys now and to be able to help out for a real good cause (you never know, you may or someone you know may, one day need this facility)…Over 5,000 bikers turned out 5,000 !!! All parked up side by side in the carparks at Dunton and then being let loose on the roads to Harwich, where im told this year for the first time they did “Mr & Miss Bike Run 2009” award !! :stuck_out_tongue: Once again i cant thankyou enough for helping us out with all the marshalling, which went off smoother than Gingers spotty bum (which im sure, had he BEEN there, he wouldve shown you for nothing)!!!

heres details i was sent:

10th Anniversary Essex Air Ambulance Motorcycle Run …Record Breaking Success!

The 2009 10th Anniversary Essex Air Ambulance Motorcycle Run and Harwich Family Festival, sponsored by Equity Insurance Group took place on Sunday 13th September 2009 and was a storming success breaking all records! The team at Essex Air Ambulance is delighted to announce that this landmark event raised in excess of £40,600 for the life-saving helicopter!

It is estimated that over 5,000 bikers took part in the County’s biggest motorcycle run welcomed by some 3,000 visitors at Harwich to enjoy the family festival. Eastenders actor and Charity Celebrity Patron John Bardon made a special guest appearance at Harwich to show his support for the event and delighted the crowd by being available for photographs in exchange for a donation to Essex Air Ambulance.

All bikers that pre-registered to take part in this year’s Motorcycle Run were automatically entered into a prize draw to win a stunning BMW F650 GS courtesy of Cannon BMW. Congratulations to Anthony James from Hockley, who was the first to call Heart 96.3/102.6 and correctly answer a question live on air. Anthony’s winning pre-registration number was 1553 and he said, “I was in complete shock when I realised I had won this fantastic prize! I had such a great time at the event on Sunday, which I have been attending for the last 7 years. Essex Air Ambulance is a Charity, which is very close to my heart as the helicopter saved my father’s life when he was airlifted in 2002. I am delighted to support this worthwhile cause and will continue to do so in the future.”

The prize bike will be handed over by Martin Day from Heart on Wednesday 23rd September 2009 at Cannon-BMW Showroom, Braintree.

The crowds at Harwich enjoyed live music and entertainment on the Heart Stage hosted by breakfast presenter, Martin Day. For the first time, the line up included a beauty contest which saw a Mr and Miss Bike Run 2009 crowned in the grand final on the Heart stage. Congratulations to the winners, Paula Lyon and Nick Galpin who have each won a night out at Festival Leisure Park in Basildon, including dinner and cinema tickets plus £50 Marks and Spencer’s vouchers.

Equity Red Star managing director, John Josiah said: “We all owe a great deal of thanks to the thousands of bikers who’ve donated such a fantastic sum to help make sure the Essex Air Ambulance keeps flying and saving lives in the county. It’s been a great privilege to have been part of such an important fundraising event".

Wendy Byland of Essex & Herts Air Ambulance Trust adds " the day was a huge success and has once again exceeded all expectations. We are so grateful to the people of Essex for helping to raise vital funds to keep their life saving emergency medical helicopter flying. To raise such a phenomenal amount at the tenth anniversary of the Motorcycle Run is fantastic! We would like to say a huge thank you to everyone involved in putting this event on and making it so successful.

As ever, we are grateful to a host of people and organisations for their hard work and commitment. We cannot possibly mention everyone but we would like to thank Ford Dunton Technical Centre, Essex Goldwings, Harwich Motorcycle Club, Harwich Connexions and of course our main event sponsor Equity Insurance Group. We would also like to thank our other sponsors and supporters without them the event just would not take place.”

To help raise even more funds for the Air Ambulance a charity auction took place on Ebay inviting people to bid for a 2008 Motorcycle Run t-shirt signed by 19 Superbike and TT riders from the 2009 Isle of Man TT. The auction closed on Monday 14th September and a lucky bidder from Billericay won the t-shirt for £46!

If you would like to order a 10th Anniversary Motorcycle Run 2009 key ring or DVD simply call Wendy Byland on 0845 2417 690.

Was that all raised in one day? if so that is an amazing amount to have raised!! Well done all.

From what i gather that huge amount was raised from the dunton first meet and then on to Harwich…so yes in one day…

and i KNOW its ESSEX and not LONDON air ambulance (as someone did make a comment about before) BUT…if i needed to be airlifted i wouldnt care which one of these great and lifesaving facilities came and got me off the tarmac…and i DO know they are BOTH in the same boat as far as government funding is concerned so i dont see what the difference would be that im putting it out on LONDON bikers… :wink: (anyway to be honest, i bet there are equal amount of us essex bikers as there are london on the forum anyway, never been a problem for me!)(sorry, above comments were added cos it was brought to my attention that remarks had been made regarding “i thought this was LONDON BIKERS forum for LAA, not ESSEX bikers for EAA”…moron!)

Doesn’t matter which one it’s for, they all do an amazing job and your right, quite a few Essex bikers on here and the BCR run is in Essex I beleive! well done for raising so much in one day :slight_smile:

Yeh i know, i didnt want to start a witch hunt and respect others opinions, but i think it was a bit tactless to even suggest that cos this a londonbikers forum it should stick with london based events…well…all who know moi, know what i would say to THAT !! :wink:

Yep our infamous, BCR run is out here in the sticks me dear !! :stuck_out_tongue:

Anyhoo, yeh, i dont care who is involved with whatever charity or event to help keep a good cause going, im ALL FOR them doing what they do…so whatever it is, thumbs up to you all…i know i will keep on being involved with this one :slight_smile:

The same charity runs both Herts and Essex air ambulances so it actually covers an awful lot of us non-central LBs - I live in Chelmsford and work in Vauxhall so I’m still a londonbiker and an essexbiker as well!! :slight_smile:

Thats great news jules:) always glad to do my bit;)

As for the Essex, London thing, I feel sure if LAA held such an event it would be just as well supported, maybe the plonker with the big mouth (who ever it may have been) should organize a similar fund raising event for LAA, I would be the first to put my name down to help;)

Anyway, well done to everyone who attended EAA run.:cool: