HRD Vincent Series B: Rapide. 1947

HRD Vincent Series B 1947 Rapide

This is my Dad’s beloved Vincent. He bought it back in 1991 and has since then gone through alot of money, 1 wife, a house and has now kicked his kids out (joke) Its won a few trophies, although my Dad hates entering it as he didnt build it to win, he built it to be the best he could make it.

He originally paid £4000 for it which by todays valuation is a drop in the ocean. He truly loves this bike and spends 90% of his free time polishing, cleaning, tweaking, fiddling and tinkering. Most of it was built in the dining room and only moved the garage for final assembly. I remember many many saturdays waking up mid morning to the sound of hammering and “god, damn, spit and blasts” coming from the bottom of the garden. These thankfully turned into the sweet sound of the Vincent starting up and being warmed up. I miss those days wasted at the bottom of the garden watching him at work surrounded by family and friends and copius amounts of tea.

A few facts: The frame, engine and rear frame, after hunting around all match (rare) On the crash bar is a hand made started button cover/mount. The actual starter button is from a Spitfire FIRE button! Awesome! He rides it alot and cleans it more. Yes I’ve ridden it and it was amazing. Beautiful bike.

Anyway. Pics to follow. There are hundreds so I grabbed a few. Ill try and comment as much as possible. I can answer any questions too if you have them.
Hope you enjoy.

Attachments

vin-1.JPG

vin-2.JPG

vin-3.JPG

vin-4.JPG

vin-6.JPG

vin-5.JPG

vin-7.JPG

vin-8.JPG

vin-9.JPG

vin-10.JPG

vin-11.JPG

vin-12.JPG

vin-13.JPG

vin-14.JPG

vin-15.JPG

vin-16.JPG

vin-17.JPG

vin-18.JPG

vin-19.JPG

vin-20.JPG

vin-21.JPG

vin-22.JPG

Pics didnt want to load in order.

Maybe a MOD might like to adjust

This is awesome! Beautiful machines, Vincents…my dad’s mate had a Black Shadow. Used to tear around his neighbourhood on it…1000cc’s of superbike! Just don’t make 'em like that anymore…