How would you improve MCN show?

I understand we have 3 threads going on this (which would suggest it’s a good discussion point). Now is the time to put opinions and ideas forward in time for next years show, particularly if we are looking for some extreme changes to how its done.

I’m not working for any one on this I’m purely doing in on my own behalf and would like to think that of the biking community. I do feel there is room for improvement, this will always be the case but it would be so good to see more “wow that show was awesome” type comments next year, don’t you agree?

Roller coasters ,dodgems and donkey rides :cool:

Kaos, you may have paid £16 to get in but traders such as Kriega paid as much as £160 per sq metre ex vat to be there and that doesn’t include electricity @ £130/socket, carpet @ £8 sq M, display cabinets have to be bought or hired, personnel to take 2 days to transport & build the stand, staff away from their shops on show days, hotels, meals out blah blah blah so before you go crucifying anyone do some sums & work out what profit margin a trader needs and what turnover they have to make just to break even. These shows are not a get rich plan for traders, more like a survival plan.

Exactly Plum, just what we meant - somehow we should collate the responses and get them to someone who can do something about it - but do we know who? And any volunteers for the mission?:slight_smile:

needs balloons that don’t easily pop :hehe:

Obviously first channels are through the organisers which should be possible. Simon and Ian had to deal with them to get a pitch etc. If that falls on deaf ears there might be a few connections I can tap into.

What would be great if we could take ideas to traders and I’m sure people on here know at least someone from dealerships and independants etc. :slight_smile:

The mad thing is companies pay other companies for long winded expensive surveys when all the information is already freely available!