How much did you spend of fuel 2011/2012?

From your 2011 - 2012 (2011 MOT date - 2012) how much did you spend on fuel for the year assuming that petrol costs 134.9p?

To work it out there is a fuel calculator on this page http://www.fuel-economy.co.uk/calc.shtml.

Mine worked out to approximately £1550 for the year and thats over 12500miles. Pleasantly surprised as it turned out to be less than I though it was.

In other words if I still had my car, the insurance on it would still cost more than the petrol I used on the bike in a whole year. How crazy is that?

I don’t even want to know how much I spent on fuel…it pisses me off at the best of times.

The thing is it wasn’t that long ago when it used to cost £12-14 to fill a bike up…now costs around £25.

It used to be you could go out for a good blast on your bike and you’d probably spend £20 on fuel, now it’s more like £50…I have actually stopped myself from going out sometimes…because I can’t afford to put fuel in the bike!! WTF is THAT all about!

And I am not even talking about 20 years ago or something like that, but only a few years back.

i really REALLY dont want to know… :laugh:

same as asking someone how much you spend on beer/fags :smiley:

@ Waxy. I know what you mean. I remember being about 5 years old sitting in the back of my dad’s car and pulling up at the pumps and he would more or less fill up the tank with £20-25. It was something like 65-70p a litre.

I think yesterday on the St George’s run I used about £26/27.

@SilveR6 - Don’t be a spoil sport… I can see you itching out of curiosity.

no i’m serious, i really dont want to know :laugh:

^^ BOO!!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Just under £600 a year on my 34mpg motorbike…I’ve toyed with the idea of getting one of those new CBR 250rs, they do almost 80mpg…I just don’t think they are as fun.

+2 :sick:

wouldn’t know as luckily a few of my commutes to london are expensed :slight_smile:

plus I have lost count which days I go to epsom, which to London, which to weird and wonderful locations…

Don’t be scared Jetstream. I’m not asking you to work out the cost of engine changes per year :laugh:. I’ve worked out your oil costs at nil though :Whistling:

:laugh::laugh::laugh:Class

Considering how little I’ve used the bike I still dont want to know.

No idea on the bike, as I hardly ever use it, but I can tell you that I spent £5802.94 in my car over that 1 year period as I have to record the spend!

^^^^ WOW!

£160 xD

2350 miles xD

I can tell you 20 years ago, a litre of petrol was 49.9p… I remember as that was how much I paid when I started driving.

I’m not sure it’s ‘shot up’ in recent years. I think it’s been a pretty steady increase. I would guess it’s been over a pound a litre for at least 6 years.

EDIT I guess it’s quite an increase -

http://www.staveleyhead.co.uk/utilities/petrol-prices/

Hmm, not sure I totally believe that.

EDIT2 Okay, yeah, gone up quite a bit in the last 2 or 3 years -

http://www.speedlimit.org.uk/petrolprices.html

How many people here would stand on a protest line, or blockade a road over the ongoing price hikes?

^^ I would if it actually changed something.

Personally, I would want to know exactly why the costs are going up and how the blockade will annoy/inconvenience the people responsible.

I would, its hard to organise a protest these days…too many work commitments by everyone…