How many miles do you get from a full tank....

Well, the answer is: Depends!

On my NTV (650cc v-twin) my record was 200 miles on 15 litres (driving really, really slow in Norway). It’s also possible to burn through a tank in 138, if youre flat out chin on the tank on the Autobahn for an hour. Average is probably around 160-170.

Amazing how speed almost makes a 50% difference in fuel economy.

To that guy with the ST1100 Pan: how are you finding it? I’d love one of those. Maybe an ex ambulance or police bike.

i get 120 miles witcg aint bad for a 13yr old bike

I get about 70 miles til the reserve and fill up £10 all the time, I ride hard all the time so figures… But I used to get 100 with standard can on, the Laser does bump that down a bit but it sounds nice and nice flames shoot out!

-Damian

My worst is 62 miles, on the firestorm and thats about£12 best is 125
on my tzr 250 155miles to £13

and theres me thinking it was as old as you

about 150 miles till I hit reserve thats about £10 or £11 quid though if i’m on open roads about 190 to 200 on a tank I ride an F650GS

Depending how I’ve been riding H runs onto reserve any time after 150 miles but I’ve had it up to 170 miles before reserve if I’ve been extra sensible and not too much stop/start in town. Reserve is probably another 20-25 miles on top of that but I’ve never run it dry to find out. Costs £12-ish for a tankful.

600 Bandit '04
I squeezed 185 out of the tank once, but that did include stuttering and spluttering for the last mile to the pumps

Well usually I get about 120miles before I go onto reserve then I fill up asap. However the other day riding quite hard I managed 165miles till reserve and that was motoray miles about 90mph and some b roads stop start. Quite impressive I thought!

Cheers for the replies peeps. Good feedback.

Conclusion on the big bikes is ‘if you ride it like you stole it they will drink like a fish’ or ‘if you drive mellow it will do over 100 miles to the tank possibly’. $h!t…I thought I was going to save money by riding to work…it’s just not possible to ride normally without getting the erge to give it some at some point or another…or even all the time. LOL

Even riding gently ish will be so much faster than driving a car quick. You dont need to wallop a sportsbike to make it quick just ride the torque and short shift especially on a thou you will get to the same speed in the end just not quite as quickly and saving fuel in the process. You should still be able to get 120+ and still be riding v quick if you short shift and ride the torque.

About 95 miles to reserve on the DRZ (10 litre tank, 3 litre reserve), that is all London traffic riding. Have done 135m on 7 litres on the motorway. Costs around £6-7 to fill up.

On my SMC the worst mileage I got was 47 miles to reserve The best was 659 litre tank

My Z is pretty good I usually get about 150

CBR1000RR F/blade

Commuting: 125/130 light on…continue until about 145/50

hooning: 100 light on… continue until about 115/120

I get 170-190 out of a tank, most I’ve ever put in is £9.00

your r1 will see anything between 120 to 160 full to dry as a realistic marker (100 til the light for the first fig). traffic is equivalent to hooning for mpg. speaking from experience, do not push it beyond 20miles on the reserve…

on my 748, i ironically got my best mpg of 111 before the light on going round brands

that sounds about right for the sv on my commute into town and back, but i make sure that i fill up when i hit 100 miles just in case.

best i got was 137 miles from a tank riding to hastings and back (plus a few extra miles when i got lost) that was before i changed my exhaust, and played about with some other bits and bobs on it

This thread is really interesting, people on similar bikes getting different mileage out of a tank? Didn’t realise how much difference riding style makes.

Commuting during rush hour I get about 90 miles for £11, if I ride at the weekend can get around 130 miles out of £11.

I was thinking that aswell Andrea. Perhaps the riders weight aswell as hooning it constantly makes more of a diffierence that I thought?

you calling my girlfriend fat mate?

flats weighs as much as one of my wet farts…