HOW LOUD SHOULD A CAN BE?

How about videoing the cans and noise and then we can all hear.

At the noise test at Brands last year the tester told me the Storm hit just over 100db, Remus Revolution cans with no baffles.

When they did my MOT, Essential Rubber told me the rules are that a can’s ok as long as the tester decides it is (and it’s stamped road legal), there’s no prescribed decibel limit. So my advice is be nice to your MOT tester.

As Joby said, the Police are more interested in other things. I got stopped for speeding outside the office on Lodon Wall the other week (the only place in the city you can speed!!!) and my exhaust wasn’t even mentioned.

There have been lengthy discussions on this site about whether loud pipes help you to be noticed in traffic. I think they do make some motorists more aware of you.If you ride a twin, you have to use a loud pipe. You’re almost there, just one more cylinder to get rid of!!

Don’t think cans should be loud at all, it’s a p!sstake towards people living near where you ride… besides people with ridiculously loud cans tend to be twats. It’s the same with the people in Vauxhall Corsas with oven pipes out the back… maybe you should have spent the money on some faster wheels instead? :smiley:

If you want to make noise to be noticed in a dangerous situation, use your horn? That’s what it’s there for.

My 'Bird has the stock silent exhaust and I love it. Silent and deadly, that’s how bikes should be. It still sounds great when you wring 'er through the gears, too, not overly loud, and why does it have to be? Are all you gits too old and deaf to appreciate the sounds of your engines at the normal volume? :stuck_out_tongue:

I get mad at pricks in huge Chelsea tractors for taking up more of the public space than necessary, it’s a form of anti-social behaviour. Why do you block my view/filtering space because you need to get to work by yourself in such a 3 tonne piece of tall luxury garbage? Get a flat sports car, at least I can see over it.

I get mad at people with ridiculously loud cans for the same reason… please don’t take up more of the public “audio” space than necessary, that just being an arse. There is no reason anyone should be annoyed, have their conversation interrupted, or be awakened by your presence. Be small, quiet, and polite. (Note this doesn’t necessarily mean “slow” :))

Look at the stealth airplanes. You don’t see them going ROARRR ROARR ROARRR LOOK AT ME LOL right do you? By the time you spot them… it’s too late. You have been Owned.

Same for the Blackbird, really. I don’t need no garish green color, power-ranger leathers, or ear-splitting exhaust. Silent and deadly is the way. If you think otherwise that’s great but please don’t ride around near my house kkthx. :wink:

Have you herd my horn? Didnt think so :w00t:

Umm check out my user name :wink:

Thats because they dont like to be noticed before they get ya… I like to be noticed :cool:

:stuck_out_tongue:

You sound like my dad :rolleyes:

Good on ya if you’re happy being all ‘stealth’ in London traffic. I’d rather be heard if it means saving my life…

…by the way…where do ya live? :smiley:

id much rather be heard too, not in a bad way but just for safety… :slight_smile:

Sod the safety… I like to stand out from the crowd :w00t::cool:

is it as loud as your pink paintwok:D

PHUCKIN LOUD!!!

smiled:D.

what his paintwork:P

good plan : = http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7k5SsgqMrb0