HOW LOUD SHOULD A CAN BE?

Well ive cut my scorpion can down on the speed triple to a stubby, and remopved some of its packing, its sounding awesome but im a bit worried it may be too loud. lol, although saying that i havent been pulled yet. eek.

advice?

There is a limit but I’ve found it depends on the MOT testing station.

I’ve never been pulled for the Vara cans or the modified can I had on the Africa Twin and they were loud as you know…

:slight_smile:

How loud is it?

[quote]
Panda (26/02/2010)

There is a limit but I’ve found it depends on the MOT testing station.

I’ve never been pulled for the Vara cans or the modified can I had on the Africa Twin and they were loud as you know…

How loud is it?[/quote

true lol, erm its loud enough to make alarms go off on cars and bikes hehe;) its been remapped at trimoto too.

i will prolly get another can for it, especially for wales!!!:w00t:

[quote]
westie955i (26/02/2010)

I defo get a can for North Wales :slight_smile:

Setting Alarms off is fun (childish but fun…)

As long as you’re not louder than a Harley and your MOT station passes it then there’s no issues! :smiley:

I was told to remove the baffler from my Carbon Can Company Zorst by a few traffic officers who told me it would probably save me one day as other road users tend to hear us before they see us.

My old CB500 could wake the dead and I never had any problems. I think the police are more intested in people riding like d1ckheads than loud pipes.

Are you the one that came on the beginners ride a year ago to Brighton and kept revving the engine when you went past young ladies at the side of the road? :smiley:

IN THAT CASE I`LL keep it. :stuck_out_tongue:
sounds great!:wink:

fanks guys!

If you do get stopped just flutter your eye lids at the officer, bend your knee slightly and stick the end of your index finger in your mouth and say, “I’m so sorry Mr Officer Sir, I didn’t know…will you be punishing me? Shall I bend over the seat or tank or would you prefer the stability of the unit vehicle?”. :smiley:

only if he is fit and carrys a BIG truncheon… lol:w00t:;):stuck_out_tongue:

He usually does it to horses.

Would be funny if it worked :D:D

HA HA !

No:unsure: If our “new” one is as noisy as I think it is, guess who will be sent off for the spanking:blink:

My ass is sore from last time…:wink:

Hehehe! :w00t:

I can see it now…Westie and me get stopped together for loud cans…he flirts and gets away with it…being a gobby fat bird I’ll get whacked with 3 points and huge fine cos I’m being punished for both bikes! :w00t:

Not been done for my can yet… must admit though mine is realy quiet and never came with an offroad only sticker on it that was replaced with a different 1 :wink:

Ask anyone who’s been with me on my bike they’ll vouch for how quiet it is. Would never set of alarms or scare people as i ride by :smiley:

And it has passed the mot twice so far :cool:

well love you never can tell! hehe, im a natural flirt!

the louder the better!!! Go can to can with alex gold!!:smiley:

:smiley: