How I get My Kicks

I reckon it is the colour, white just loks sooperb…

Even without flourescent blobs?;):smiley:

Its such a nice bike, I tested one for 30mins, it was just so easy and fun. Did not want to return it.

Only thing, got an insurance quote and it was 4X more expensive to insure than a GSXR750 in london - ouch.:crazy:

Great pics!

That’s a stunning bike and some great pics there fella, top job, you lucky bar steward you! :wink:

I saw a stunning 1098 at Box Hill last year in graphite/black with red trim that was just awesome, definitely better than the boring all red paint scheme, the white looks very tasty though.

Oh and you need a new lid mate, the jacket goes OK but the colours on your lid don’t!! :wink:

So is the difference between the 848 and the 1098 the same kind of difference between a gixxer 750 and a thou?

(A few days later and im thinking and feeling differently)Ghost Thanks dude
rb800 The white is a nice change but would only keep its WoW factor for a year or so, if the bike was to be a keeper (something you’d never wanna sell ever) it would have to be in red, its like a Ferrari, they look good in other colours but always look better in RED.

ChunkyMonkey The side stand should be optional methinks, I no its not practial but id like my stand to flick back up it just makes it that bit more special, a bit different, it makes it a little bit more Italian hmm.
Now I have had more time to think about it I could only get the 1098®.
I would hate to own an 848 and a year later wish I had not done things by halves and just gone big and got the 1098, I would also hate the feeling of having my arse handed to me by a well sorted 600 or 750.

If your the kinda person who got a 42" flat screen TV only to end up wishing you had just gone BIG and got the 50" then a 848 just won’t cut it so get the 1098 and be happy forever and if you wished you had just brought a whole cinema rather than a large TV nothing but the 1098R will do.

I need more money because I really need a 1098R :cool:

P.S. Da new lids just been ordered, just incase I change my mind again & its white :wink:

nice lid :smiley: but your leathers dont match :stuck_out_tongue:

sorry i dont like ducati’s :hehe:

We will have to agree to disagree on the side stand. it’s not just the spring-back its the fact the bike is still very upright on the stand and just asking for a heartbreaking topple:w00t:

I suppose the difference between the 848 and 1098 is road useability abit like the 748 and 998 was:cool:

the 848 is in my opinion currently the sexiest sports bike available.

I’d love to get one…but damn it i want to ride my bike NOT look at it admiringly with the AA man!

Why is it sexier than the 1098?

Weight is a good deal less, and between the weight decrease and the power of the 848 motor, it has a better power to weight ratio. I actually like it better than a Speed Triple. Just as likely to own one, that is, not too d*amned likely.

Bullsh!t;)

The weight difference is 173kg (1098) - 168kg (849) = 5kg = Not a fuggin lot;)

It’s esentially the same machine except the capacity and the stickers;)

i think what has been mis quoted here is that it has a better power to weight than a standard 999 not a 1098. The 1098 destroys it.

In this case the colour, sorry to be so simplistic! Although I do accept Da Artist’s comments.

This is going to be like which Gixxer is better, except its with Ducati!!

Naah that’s easy, it’s always the seven fiddy!! :wink: