how good is your council

Been there, done that, got the t shirt - gave up and home schooled him for a few years until he was old enough for college. Hard work but wish we had done it earlier as staying at mainstream school did him more harm than good.

He is fine now, just finishing his second year at college. :smiley:

yes thats how i feel at the moment. but the problem is if i take him out of mainstream school thats not good either as he has no social awarness. when he is at home he has no friends . so he would become a hermit. i will have him in special school but its a fight. this is when the council let you down. he is only 8 so there is time .

Fortunately he has no problems socially, he mixes well with everyone/ every age - we gave him a social life just not school based. Whereas being at the wrong school caused him to become withdrawn, his self confidence was zero, he became physically ill etc etc. Every kid is different but it worked for ours :cool:

Best of luck - I know how hard it is.:slight_smile:

Hertfordshire council must be good. I reported a pot-holed roundabout to Herefordshire council by mistake …2 days later it was fixed!!!:smiley: (i shouldn’t be let loose on a computer)

My council which is Barnet are very good, i reported about potholes in a road near me and a few days later they were filled in.

Sevenoaks are shite. Seven shades of shite at that. Sevenshites :smiley:

On a different note I’ve worked with a guy with mid-range autism for 6 years - he can’t get out into our world, but if you venture into his you are duly rewarded :smiley:

islington are very good, i complained twice to them and they got som egravel cleaned up and rang me back to tell me they are investigating who and where the gravel is coming from, its up pentonville road, goign up teh hill in the direction of the angel, theres often i line of gravel along the filtering line approaching the lights, seen many a bike nearly go down because of it, one fella pulled away from the lights sideways:w00t: