Horrible right of way crash

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=u5yoU4ylYDo&feature=channel

Hopefully he survived - he was certainly still alive.

i worry about this all the time on bikes - if someone breaks right of way that seriously you’re .

Only here we don’t know if it was the car or the bike.

good translate says ’ Motorcycle accident by passing a red light car’

thats sickening and hopefully the biker was ok but i very much doubt it :frowning:

At least he was moving- but looking at the arms I reckoned they were shattered to pieces. Luckily though he didnt really hit anything except the ground quite hard at the end - studying it in slow motion it does actually look a little worse than it is, because of the speed with which he span. I really think he did survive and will keep telling myself that.

GUYS - THIS IS WHY YOU SHOULD NEVER TAKE OFF FROM TRAFFIC LIGHTS A’ LA TRAFFIC LIGHT GRAND PRIX AT CROSSROADS!THERE ARE TOO MANY CAGERS WHO MISS RED LIGHTS AND COME BARRELLING THROUGH!

WHEN THE LIGHT GOES AMBER/GREEN LOOK ACROSS THE JUNCTION TO CHECK THERE IS NOTHING COMING - NEVER ASSUME IT’S GONNA BE CLEAR BECAUSE THE TRAFFIC LIGHTS SAY SO.

Note this was a scooter – on a proper motorbike, the tank (acting as a ramp) would have launched the rider clean over the car, instead of getting flung up in the air to spin like a rag-doll.

I know, because I’ve used the tank as a “catapult” on a previous occasion, which I walked away from (thank my lucky stars!)

Lesson: if you are going to crash a powered two-wheeler, make sure it’s a proper motorcycle. Scooter crashes have worse outcomes than motorcycle crashes do. There’s also studies to that effect.

Sid throttle - thanks for the tip - but what if you were already going through the green (in that you’d never stopped) you couldn’t just completely slow down then could you?

ist the mechanic - i assume part of the problem also is the compete lack of weight/strength to the front of the scooter - **** his knees must have got destroyed in this.

You can’t plan for every contingency mate - but I know someone who had a courier killed right in front of him - the courier took off fast on amber as couriers do and got taken out by a car running the lights.

I got hit by a car at very low speed and - I ended up with my smashed up leg bone poking through my skin.

You get hit by a car in this situation you are toast - simple as.

Good advice - but in the case above, the light was totally green for the scooter all the way through, the car just ran straight through the red light.

Vid does not work for me atm, but I had a similar “near miss” at shepherds bush. Waitied for the light to go green coming onto the roundabout fromt he park, heading towards the new shopping thing, pulled away and a car shot the red light to my right and charged through, saw him in my peripheral vision and gunned it, he missed my rear wheel at 90 degrees by inches didnt seem to have even seen me.

Lesson learned on that day, always take it slow from the lights and look both ways!

Vid is working now, feck me thats harsh, OMG :frowning: last time I go for an amber…

Do these countries have red/amber/green? Perhaps we are ahead in that isse. Jeez dont want to watch that again :frowning:

Yep look, look and look again. Been doing it for a long while since a near miss. Not going to watch the vid tho.

Actually made me feel a bit sick watching that.

Possibly…into the path of traffic in the other direction…:wink:

god dam thats sickning…to the core…

i hope the rider is ok…as above…im gonna keep telling myself he recoverd from that…

just emphisises just how things can go from good too bad in a eye blink…

keep safe out there guys…

smiled:).

+1

Rush hour and chucking out time are particularly bad times to be an ‘Amber Gambler’.

Personally, if I filter towards a junction where this kind of thing could happen I often don’t go right to the front and let the first car go across the junction before me.

Also, stresses the importance of forward observation and looking into and across junctions to see if you can spot the idiot who likes likely to jump the light.

Not going to watch as reading the comments I can only imagine.
It’s so easy to filter to the front and wait for that green light and pull away quickly without checking if someone has jumped the lights, which happens all the time, I guess just lucky it hasn’t happened to me. Think I’ll look twice before gunning it now.