Hornet or Bandit?... advice...

i’m not that keen on faired bikes… (well sports faired bikes) don’t mind the half faired look… some kind of screen to keep some wind off would be nice tho…

I’ve seen the Kawasaki er-6f has had good reviews…

The sensible side of me says buy a cbf 600f and be done with it… but, i have a feeling that come summer in the twisty stuff i’d pull my hair out with it… whatever I get still has to have some summer dry road hooligan fun built into it… and cruise at 70 ( 70ish! ) on the motorway now and then in a bit of comfort.

hornet hornet hornet

I am very biased - but i have good reason to be…

The hornet. very flickable and I have taken the bike up to 145 but that was with no wind - with wind it can get a bit fierce - dont have the half fairing but do have extra protection with a bigger screen. The bike is also perfectly balanced - so much so that you sometimes take it for granted… in terms of tyres I have the bt 021 on the back and a BT 14 on the front - and as Westie and Mac can agree - they provide very good grip especially when having to stop very quickly on brand new tires… :Whistling:

I have also done a 2 week trip on mine with just under 2500 miles over that time and loved it…

however sayin that - you’re much taller than I am so it depends on you…

The z1000 and even the 750 - i found to be very cumfy but way heavier than the hornet.

The other option is the cbf1000 - which if you go to Dobles - they are doing a deal on that bike at the moment which is interest free brand new…

the 900 hornet is being discontinued in 2008 but with a lot more grunt, height and weight, this may be something to consider or alternatively the cb1300…

(admitedly I like my hondas… :blush: )

Hornet Hornet Hornet…:smiley:

Hornet Hornet Hornet!! :stuck_out_tongue:

Once owned a Bandit & have also ridden a Hornet, & i must say the Hornet wins hands down.

Both are great all rounders, but the Hornet does it better (esp. handling & performance) - that said you’d get more mpg with the Bandit.

better start looking on mcn and biketrader at hornets then…

At the end of the day it’s all a matter of opinion…

…so why not try them both & see what you prefer !!

try and get an f5 or f6 (but not in orange ;)) upside down forks, digi display and they run and look much better than the older models (imo). anything older than 2000 will probably have a 16" front wheel which you may find a bit twitchy but i quite liked it (turns in fast). 2003 onwards the body got restyled and that looks much sharper. you may also be able to afford an aftermarket can, k&n & dyno kit which will make it run sweeeeet and saves about 3 kilos.

enjoy :cool:

http://www.hondahornet.co.uk/ may or may not be a good place to look

Whats wrong with an Orange hornet??? :stuck_out_tongue:

They go faster than any other colour!!!

The 1250 Bandit has a good write up in ‘Bike’ magazine this month . . .

have you thought about an SV? get an S model, has small fairing at the front, i own one, its my first big bike, i absolutely love it!!

size wise i rekon you would fit, my mate is a bit bigger than you at 6ft 5’ he can fit on it ok.

6’3" is quite tall for a hornet as the seat height is a bit low

I have had both bikes, the hornet is the better bike but the bandit has the bigger feel

the 1250 Bandit is slightly taller but depends on what you are after

tried a fazer 600 today… feel cramped between seat and pegs…

aaargh!!! this is going to harder than i thought

c90’s ahave a really comfortable seat

cheap 2 run

and shouldnt get nicked so easily

Bandit. all the way!

although if you have the extra cash i’d have to agree the z750 and z1000 would be very tempting :slight_smile:

I think this decision is made…

z750… too cramped

hornet… too naked

bandit… just no

fazer fz6 04 plate, low miles, blue in nice condition. going to put down the deposit tommorow (just have to get used to the hard seat)

the older shaped fazer was a bit cramped… newer one is ok… plus… i need a bit of wind protection because I will be taking it on a jaunt to germany.

cheers for all the advice…

ps: got a bit of money left for a half decent rd350… aaargh

Bought a 2004 Fazer FZ6s today… 11500 on the clock…

Good old George Whites…

can’t wait to pick it up Thursday…

oh well… the hornet lost:D

:crying:

your loss…HORNETS ROCK:D