Honda Motocompo

The Motocompo was introduced as a “Trunk Bike” to fit inside subcompact cars like the Honda Today and the then new Honda City. The City’s baggage compartment was actually developed around the Motocompo. The handlebars, seat, and foot-pegs fold into the scooter’s rectangular plastic body to present a clean, box-shaped package of 1185 mm L × 240 mm W x 540 mm H. Honda’s initial monthly sales projection for the domestic market was 8,000 City and 10,000 Motocompo.[2] The City surpassed its targets, but in all only 53,369 Motocompos were sold by the end of production in 1983

I reckon this thing would sell better today.

prolem adding vid? :frowning:

The Motocompo was introduced as a “Trunk Bike” to fit inside subcompact (kei) cars like the Honda Today and the then new Honda City.
The City’s baggage compartment was actually developed around the
Motocompo. The handlebars, seat, and foot-pegs fold into the scooter’s
rectangular plastic body to present a clean, box-shaped package of 1185
mm L × 240 mm W x 540 mm H. Honda’s initial monthly sales projection for
the domestic market was 8,000 City and 10,000 Motocompo.[2]
The City surpassed its targets, but in all only 53,369 Motocompos were
sold by the end of production in 1983 (no more than 3,000 per month).[3] It was marketed in conjunction with the City in television ads featuring British ska/2-tone band Madness.
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c96_1394608228#pl4EVyHZzc3ub3ks.99
The Motocompo was introduced as a “Trunk Bike” to fit inside subcompact (kei) cars like the Honda Today and the then new Honda City.
The City’s baggage compartment was actually developed around the
Motocompo. The handlebars, seat, and foot-pegs fold into the scooter’s
rectangular plastic body to present a clean, box-shaped package of 1185
mm L × 240 mm W x 540 mm H. Honda’s initial monthly sales projection for
the domestic market was 8,000 City and 10,000 Motocompo.[2]
The City surpassed its targets, but in all only 53,369 Motocompos were
sold by the end of production in 1983 (no more than 3,000 per month).[3] It was marketed in conjunction with the City in television ads featuring British ska/2-tone band Madness.
Read more at http://www.liveleak.com/view?i=c96_1394608228#pl4EVyHZzc3ub3ks.99

Neat but for most situations I can think of, you’d be better off with a folding electric bike.

You can pick one up for about £500 now and it would be smaller/lighter to pack away in the car. The bike might be a bit slower and shorter range than a mini motorbike but presumably this is designed for short city journeys where you can’t park near the final destination.

If there was some sort of battery charger built into the boot that recharged the battery as you drove then you could always have a fully charged spare as well :slight_smile:

Yeah - I see your point - electric bikes tech is getting really good.