Here we go, here we go, here we go

Or more specifically ‘here I go’. Leaving her indoors indoors and I’m off on a tour of Welsh Wales. Not as exotic as South America but more in keeping with my budget and something I’ve not done since 1970 something.

Happy Days

4 Likes

Sounds like great fun. Enjoy yourself.

I think it still qualifies as a euro tour up until the 31st October.

1 Like

Enjoy mate. Need to catch up when your back

Is this a ride-out or an event. We use to almost make Wales on a Sunday ride (memories). Enjoy

Have fun I went for 3 days in June it rained a lot and oil cooler went on bike causing major overheating problems enjoy.
This is the route I sort of used took a few wrong turns and didn’t complete it all

1 Like

6 days, 1,000 miles, staying in YHA hostels as recommended by Jetstreams. Some highlights include

Gospel Pass a single track road with passing places, the highest public road in Wales . Exit left just before the Hay Bluff car park for a pair of fords either side of a hair pin bend.

National Trust’s Henrhyd Waterfalls and Nant Llech walk, 4 miles of twisty, slippery footpaths with some ladders and decking to help you on your way.

Black Mountains Pass (A4069 of Top Gear fame) A road to play on if it wasn’t for the 40 mph speed limit and it being so poorly re-surfaced in parts. Great views and a 2 hour lime quarries mountain walk.

The National Coal Musuem’s Big Pit. All the atmosphere of a real life coal mine, just my luck the underground tour was closed for pit head maintenance. There’s enough to see above ground to take up a leisurely morning with King Coal, Bath House and other exhibitions.

Mynydd Epynt the B4519 single track hillside pass with adjacent military training ground complete with machine gun fire and heavy artillery, I hope they were firing blanks!

Abergwesyn Pass, Devils Staircase and Devils Bridge Falls (Beulah to Pontarfynach via Tregaron) listed on https://www.dangerousroads.org/europe/wales/3989-abergwesyn-road.html 35 miles of very narrow, twisty single track road with 1 in 4 gradients and endless hairpin bends.

Long Mynd, not in Wales but on the way home in the Shropshire Hills. From Ployden to Church Stretton taking in The Portway, Pole Bank summit walk and The Burway. Another single track hill road pass, very steep start and finish, stunning views and an easy walk to Pole bank summit.

1 Like

Definitely some great roads there. The devil’s staircase is a particular favourite of mine.

Abergwesyn pass is one hell of a road , if done in the middle of the night on a road rally. Only problem is catching slower cars and finding some where to get passed them. The road down to the dams from the pass is also worth a ride along.