here they come

Oi Terry …i was a good girl and yes i had a boarding school education…can’t you tell …i rebbelled!;):stuck_out_tongue: I love cow’s and that will be my next project…to buy an old sv and streetfighter it and spray it black and white moo cow and make me leathers match lol:D

Oh 2strokes you have so got to let me do a rideout to yours when the weather gets warmer…cow’s rock:hehe::cool:

I think some of the guys are planning a trip to the pirbirght bends at some stage this year…you are most welcome anytime WASP…

Got to see you moo cow street fighter that has got to be wild…if you want a set of horns, I can get you some…just let me know

Never name an animal which you plant to eat, it makes people think about them as if the animal were human. I used to live on a farm too, milked 80 cows morning and night, from junior high through high school, 6 years. Never missed a day. It was great relief to go off to college. Fed 200 pigs, too.

One day we had a city boy visiting, and as I began to go through a fence to feed the cows, he said, "isn’t that DANGEROUS? I replied, “What, going through the fence?” He said, “you know, with the bulls in there!?”. I explained the the bull was kept separately, for that very reason, and cows were very docile beasts. I asked him how he had identified them as Bull-cows (his phrase, not mine). He pointed out that they had horns, and he though that meant they were bulls. I told him that on the farm we usually looked at the other end to separate cows and bulls.

He asked what we looked for, so he could know in the future, which were girl cows and boy cows.

Buy 'em books and buy 'em books, all they do is chew on the covers.

yes interesting story, hard work with the milking, but with the highlands and some other breeds I guess you can and do keep them all together mothers baby and father…best not to have another bukll nearby though as then they do get a bit territorial…but beware the new mum and her calf…they get very upset if they cant see their calf and if they start moving their head about those horns really do hurt…

The farmer I am buying from will vouch for that as his wife got gored accidentally…she is okay now, but a very serious thigh and groin wound nearly cost her her life…

• 1, another one from a farming background. Nice beasts.

ooh gets better…will be calling on you all for advice at times then…off next week to organise transport beef nuts and treats for them…only two to start with but hope to get up to around 30-35 depending upon my success with the things…

Exellent…where did you grow up then phond? Me i grew up in a village on the outskirts of knaresborough up in north yorkshire right near the A1(used to run across it to get into the deer park as a kid…have you seen it now theres 8 lanes to cross!)But growing up on a farm was the best part of my life so far,but farming now is on a downer which is so sad.

I think cows should best be seen in their natural habitat… between a sesame seed bun;):smiley:

Nice mooies 2T:cool:

Did you know Ron Haslam is a deer farmer when he’s not being Rocket Ron?:slight_smile:

I have deer on the land and can rightfully shoot and eat them…likely will get a few when i have the slaughter house sorted.And for sure my cows are for eating…not just for pets…and yes ui will be naming each one and honouring everysingle one by having a steak of each one when they are gone…

yummy…and chunks this meat will be too good for burgers…

So is Ron Haslam now Ruckin Ron? :w00t:

Yeah Wasp i’m the opposite side to you, a Lancastrian by birth, my mum’s side are all farming folk. Will give you a potted history when I eventually get round to finding time to get alterations done.

Small world,i used to live in Huby.

i know Huby…tother side of harrogate!:smiley:

Right, so when we gonna have a ride out to see these cows then? hmmm;)

They are beauties. Wife and I loved seeing them on the Ilse of Skye and around “oop north”. I was supposed to be heading north again in May for some hols, but will be moving offices during that time instead. Bit of a pain as I had paid for my accommodation already.

Not too sure about the easy rider handle bars :stuck_out_tongue: :slight_smile:

No the other Huby tother side of Knaresborough…A1…next door to Easingwold!..About 15mins on me bike across some frightfully awesome twisty roads!!

:slight_smile:

Tother side of york…i know used to ride through easingwold most days to work at racing stables in sherrif hutton:D

Sherrif hutton…nows theres a smart gaff!!

The other halfs old man used to own the Angel pub in Easingwold,always full of jockeys and race horse owners.