Help - Receiving fines for previous vehicle

Did you have to google maps location on?
If you met on a specific location to sell it you might be able to use Google maps timeline to find the date you went there

2 Likes

Providing the offences were committed after the date you sold the vehicle and you have confirmation of such, then you have a statutory defence, its that simple.

You have correspondence acknowledging that the vehicle had been sold, DVLA have also written to you, so there is sufficient evidence to show that you were not the owner of the vehicle and to that end no court can convict as it would be deemed unsafe.

Do you have the details of who you sold the vehicle to?

If so, then drop an email to the people that have issued the tickets and make it clear that from such and such a date, you disposed of the vehicle, these offences were committed on xxx dates and that you sold the vehicle to abs at the following address and all enquiries should be directed towards the person you sold the vehicle to.

Hope that is some help in the interim untio DVLA get their acty togetherā€¦

3 Likes

Never knew that was possible but after some searching through my google history Iā€™ve found the date I was looking for! Scary what google knows about you :scream:

2 Likes

Yep. What Google, and Facebook know about you is very scary and frankly bordering on unethical.

Scary but also useful :wink:

So by some miracle I found the confirmation of change of ownership form from DVLA, was in my waste paper bin waiting to be shredded. Makes life much easier, have sent a letter in with a copy of the document to the effect of what youā€™ve said T.C :+1:t2:

5 Likes

I think we can safely say that your lax attitude to personal data saved you in this instanceā€¦ both from google and taking time to shred stuff :stuck_out_tongue:

4 Likes

This is why I use the online service for ownership changes. Happens immediately, can tax it immediately, and both sides get an email confirmation.

I did not know you can do thatā€¦ Last time I sold mine I relied on that shitty piece of paper as proof.

I think I kept the letter from DVLA for a bit but Iā€™m pretty sure I chucked it after a couple of months.

Being the DVLA, the automated online system only works from 7am to 7pm.

3 Likes

Hahaha that is pricelessā€¦