Harley Davidsons - I just don't get it

Wifey comes from Racine, Wisconsin which is home of the Harley. When out there in summer all you hear is the roar of a Harley riding past. We will be moving out there in the next few years but I will not be trying to be part of the Harley crowd and am leaning more towards a Bonnie myself. What I would really like is a chopper from OCC :slight_smile:

Oooh! Will have to see if they do something like that for the T’Bird… not that I take anyone on the back very often, as the other 'arf has her own bike. I took the back rest off the T’Bird (as, quite frankly, it looks a bit wank) but when I did have to give a friend a lift, she kept sliding off the back when I pulled away from traffic lights.

Kevsta pretty much nailed it with his first two posts

:smiley:

In some parts of the world the Harley is alive and well and the choice bike of real riders. We were met by the Harley Owner’s Club in Bahrain; some of those guys would ride their bikes across parts of Saudi we didn’t dare, doing further miles than we were covering on comfy adventure bikes.

And if you ever get invited to a HOG Black Tie / Toga party, take the black tie option.

Were it not for a friend of mine, I would have bought a Suzuki Intruder / Marauder as my first big bike. His argument against it was sound: cool on route 66, less cool in the rain stuck in traffic on the M25.

Tempted if I do move somewhere with more open roads…

I hired this POS in Las Vegas a couple of years ago, I REALLY don’t get the appeal. A Goldwing is a FAR better bike in every respect. I took it back with slightly “modified” footboards. Oops :wink: :slight_smile:

Naturally, I needed to make sure I sported the correct look to ride such a bike… “Bad ass” hey ? ha

you had 1 then?

I do not like the modern harleys as really they followed the jap bikes rather than the jap bikes following them . When the japanese came out with cruisers in the late 70s early 80s to give the baby boomers a new option harley were not making those , they were making sportster and flatracker type bikes . Saw the japanese sales numbers dragged out some old designs and jumped on the bandwagon , I do like the old handshift foot clutch proper job harleys though . They appeal to my weirds .